LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nadira (nil)     28 August 2013

498 to prove is difficult

hi i have been married to my husband since  4 years, dowry was taken  (Rs 18 Lakhs)  but there was still harassment to bring additional dowry .My in-laws are rich but still  i never understand their greediness.When i refused things were very bad.Initially i was dumb to recognise my husband evil plans.Constant fights used to happen between us.For which my husband used to ask me to apologise and then only he will accept me .When i use to do that he use to record everything .Especially  when i use to yell in fights.Recently he banged me and threatened me he will use all that records even if i file 498 against him or his parents.In that records as far as i can remember i apologised that next time i will not repeat fight with him. When the actual fight was started by him to  bring additional money not exactly dowry but as he needs money to multiply for his business but after i give money to him he spends it for other activities.He also threatens me case will long for years and nothing can be done against his parents as they stay away from us in different city.But their harassment was more than my husband .They use to visit us every fortnight ,my mother-inlaw beat me with slippers when i refused.what can be done .I do not have any proofs against them apart from four walls as witnesses.my husband has filed RCR in turn by mentioning that i forced him to stay with my parents and i took away all his money for my lavish life style which i never did.Please give inputs to file 498 or not.I have lost patience especially when i came to know about my husband's evil plans of voice recordings even when he was demanding.Many mediators tried but my husband is not in a mood to cooperate in marriage.He says only 2 % conviction in 498 and nothing can go against him.My brother is along with me to fight this case financially.But what are the expected things required to prove 498.

Learning

12 Replies

insaniyat (Engineer)     28 August 2013

the court procedures are very long and you will lose your time and interest, proving 498a. its better to be patience with your in-laws and husband.

Legal Fighter (Advocate)     28 August 2013

I would advice you not to get into legal proceedings as those are lengthy and time plus money consuming. go for amicable settlement.

shailendra (consultant)     28 August 2013

I think you should talk to your husband that how you can manage additional money and tell him that he is all for you.And for you its better to be patience with your in-laws and husband.

for more detail send query  query@nrilegalconsulting.com

shailendra (consultant)     28 August 2013

I think you should talk to your husband that how you can manage additional money and tell him that he is all for you.And for you its better to be patience with your in-laws and husband.

for more detail send query  query@nrilegalconsulting.com

bhola nath saha (accounts officer)     28 August 2013

you can contact me on my mobile 9871474593. since you are the first one who come to my knowledge i will advice you what steps you can take and will guide u further. since i too am  handling the same matter. since you are a noble lady as shown by your words i would be keen to sort your matter

ashoksrivastava (scientist)     28 August 2013

Nadira how were 18 lakhs given, by cheque, demand draft or cash?

Regards ASHOK

Prashant Agnihotri (Lawyer)     28 August 2013

Hi, after reading of your above explanation,i understood your husband is too strong financially & they are torturing you continously & they r also demanding a dowry from you.

i am explaining some remedy for you,step by step-

1.if they r beating you,& you have marks & sign of beating on your body,then simply file an FIR with section of dowry cases,mental torture,physical torture  etc.

2. & you can also make an false claim of rape against them.

3.you need to record,all the conversation,when your husband & in laws asking for dowry.

i think these, r the steps,which you can take as remedy.

higher a reputed lawyer,he can win any 498 case,by using of parroded witness & he will also help you in claiming of your money

in the case of 498,the judge will be convinced,when he will see the report of doctors on physical & mental torture.

ok ,their is no need to worry

nadira (nil)     29 August 2013

I will do my level best to save myself .

Allegations are true.

Ashok sir your inputs have been helpful.

Prashant sir your first posting was moral boosting.I have seen many sites on net which are helpful for 498 culprits .To have a recorder.to have a camera,treat wife as enemy etc  post and pre 498 remedies.But not a single and best site for women to protect themselves just a law is there which will take years to loose the case.Even though i am educated i am suffering from this legal system where records are enough to prove.What a women will do and explain what happened to her behind four walls especially when it is preplanned.No stupid will ask money in front of ten people as my in-laws did.  I think if a wife dies then only conviction happens in 498.

bhola nath saha (accounts officer)     29 August 2013

you can go for medical help the prescripttion and other medical records will be required by court and other you need witnesess. since the court are very liberal towards woman it will be helpful to you since you are not lier or other so its better you should go for medical examination which could prove your injuries and your case will be strong

Prashant Agnihotri (Lawyer)     29 August 2013

I think dear, there is no legal solution for your problem,you need to hire a gangsters.

ashoksrivastava (scientist)     29 August 2013

Nadira go for 498a only if:

1) all the allegations are true and

2) you want divorce and are sure that husband won't agree for MCD and

3) 18 lakhs alleged to be given are  not from black money,

Regards

ASHOK

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     30 August 2013

I agree, despite the public perception, the onus of proof in 498a is on the prosecution .

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Yahoogroups: https://groups.yahoo.com/group/sahodar 

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register