Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

karthik (divorce applicant)     07 July 2014

498 quashing

Dear Sir/Madam,


i was mislead and confused a little info about my case.

498a case filed bangalore in Jan-2011 on me and my parents and two sisters, i got ACB

In Nov-11 i approached a lawyer for FIR quashing, he filed for FIR quashing and he said case was admitted, but if i check the case status in Karnatakajudiciary website, the case stage is as PENDING FOR ADMISSON and last action taken as ADMISSION and last posted for NOTICE.

After that charge sheet was filed by police and i got summons, one of my sister is not coming to court so it is not yet charged and case was not moving at all from last 3.5 years

when i call my lawyer about my FIR quashing he is telling bench is not good so i'm waiting for good bench to move the case this is going from last 3 years, few days back i asked atleast remove my paretns and sisters name from FIR/Chargesheet, he told we need to file new petition for that, i'm worried if i says ok to file new petition for removing names of my parents and sister he just files and says same old story bench is not good.  

so my query, is my petition for FIR quashing in HC is still valid?? or i need to file new petition to quash charge sheet as charge sheet already filed by police??

Please help me with my query i was very confused and no one giving right info..








 4 Replies

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (     07 July 2014

Your lawyer is completely dishonest. Please don't contact him anymore.


Please follow the following steps -


a) Please appear in-person(Without Lawyer) and file speedy trial petition in High Court in your state on priority. Sample petitions available on the following links. Please understand that this is mandatory else this case will be drag for life long, even after your life. Speedy Trial is your right as per Article 21 of Indian Constitution. Please appear in-person and win. It takes 2-3 weeks only.

           For this you need, Certified copy of FIR, Charge Sheet, Seizure List.


b) After that you can that you can thing about quashing based on the merit of your case.


I request you to read each and every of my posts on the following links -

Ravindra s Darekar (Sound engineer)     08 July 2014

My wife and I are separated for last 4 year and know she has registered IPC 498a against me and my family is it allowed to file a 498 after so many years

karthik (divorce applicant)     09 July 2014

Dear Readers,

Please give your valuable suggestion on my issue..




Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (     09 July 2014

Mr. karthik and Mr. Ravindra s Darekar,


Please go through each of my posts and come up with questions. I shall answer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query