IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohan   18 October 2018

138 n i act

I had sent a legal notice to the accused in which the cheques nos. and cheques amount were mentioned correctly but demand was made incorrect accidently. what to do  


 4 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     18 October 2018

Share copy of notice at Djaa.legal@gmail.com, will help you accordingly.

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     19 October 2018

if 3 months period is not over , again submit the cheque in bank for encashment and send legal notice mentioning correct amount. and also if 30 days period is not complete of cheque bounce , can send correct legal notice again. however it can be corrected in complaint mentioning clerical mistake in legal notice . however let the other party to observe or take defence of that.

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     22 October 2018

No, if the demanded amount is more the complaint may fail. Safe recourse is re deposit if it is within 3 months and send the notice again

Mohan   22 October 2018

Demand amount is shot 2,08,465 instead of 2,08,546 Typographical mistake. I think it can adjusted.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query