Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sagar (SRA)     06 June 2014

Salary not pain on time

Hi

I am working in the Central Institute of Indian Languages as a  Resource Person (Consolidated/contract basis ) from last 3 to 5 years. We use to receive our salary on 1st of every month but i don't know what problem my employer is facing from the last 6 months, he is not giving us salary on time. Everyone is disappointed because of this delay, he is even not explaining the reason behind this. Many of the employees r now start searching other job and some of them has already left the organization..

(we got service extended letter from organisation)

After following up for many days i am not getting any answer. So I request you to help me on how and where can i lodge a complaint so that i get the salary settled.

Regards

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 June 2014

The employee can lodge a complaint the moment his wages are delayed even by a day and employer can be penalized, say Rs.7500/instance.

The employer has to explain in writing.

If you have served for 5Y then you are eligible for payment of Gratuity.

Obtain salary slip without fail.

sagar (SRA)     08 June 2014

Thanks Sir for your help......

But how and where? i need details of procedure.....

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 June 2014

You would know the powers and duties of officials of your establishment and the superior officials if they do not perform their duty........................................i.e. the hierarchy.

The first communication may be sent to the person responsible for disbursement of salary/consolidated amounts…………………………………then to HOD/appointing authority.

If you are finding any difficulty the admin/personnel/HR of the Inst. Or employees’ union leaders can guide you. A local lawyer well versed with rules and hierarchy of your Inst. can also guide you.

If Payment of Wages Act applies to the  Inst. (by Central Govt. Notification) and if you are drawing wages as per def. of wages in the Act upto Rs.18000/pm then complaint to the Inspector appointed under this Act can be made.

6*[Provided that in relation to any such establishment owned by the Central Government, no such notification shall be issued except with the concurrence of that Government.] 

If you are covered as ‘Workman’ then you can lodge complaint with o/o Labor Commissioner…………………….

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register