Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashis Bhar   29 April 2024

Want to study law

Dear Sir, 

I am an Hr professional. Currently, I am unemployed and doing some consultancy work on my own. My age is 43. I am a Jadavapur University rank holder. Till now  I have some growing interest in studying law. Is it legally ok to study and what are the career options even if I complete it at the age of 50. 

Thank you. 

With Regards

Ashis Bhar

Learning

8 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 April 2024

According to the exam authority, there will be no age limit for the law courses admissions. Candidates can apply for the five-year LLB course, as well as three-years LLB course irrespective of their age.

1 Like

Thank you Sir. I request your permission to contact you Sir. 

Thank you🙏

Pranam

Ashis bhar

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 April 2024

You can join the LLB Course. However, establishing a successful career at this stage of life could be quite challenging,

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 April 2024

There is no age restrictions to enrol yourself as an advocate after completion of your law degree.

You can very well proceed with your aspiration/desire.

1 Like

Dear Sir, 

Only I feel that blessings can help me. 

Thank you🙏 all. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 April 2024

You are welcome for your appreciations 

1 Like

Parth Chawla (Lawyer)     02 May 2024

Hi Ashish,

In today’s world educational pursuit has no limit hence, changing careers and being an enthusiast to acquire knowledge of different fields has become a new trend.

Any interested and passionate individual can pursue law, since there is no upper age limit in India for pursuing LLB. There are different programs available to choose from such as a five years integrated program for BBA/BA LLB or if you are a graduate from a recognised university, you can opt for a three years LLB program. Considering to pursue a law degree at the age of 43 is a bold and brave decision to make but rest assured that this goal is attainable if you have great determination.

It is essential for you to understand the exams and requirements you’ll have encounter in this journey, some of the basic information is as follows:

1.       Common Law Admission Test (CLAT):

It is a national-level entrance exam conducted for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate law programs at various law universities. One has to study for subjects such as English, general knowledge, legal reasoning, logical reasoning, quantitative techniques (math).

2.       Admission to Law Schools:

After clearing the exam, based on your CLAT score you can apply to law schools offering LLB programs. Admission criteria may vary depending upon the institution, I would suggest preparing for interviews. Different institutions offer different options to study for example some institution will offer part-time, evening shift programs and regular study programs.

I hope this information will help you in pursuing your goal and rest assured age will not be a barrier in achieving your target.

Best of luck

Regards,

Parth Chawla

Ashis Bhar   02 May 2024

Dear Sir, 

Can you help me with any links to the free study resources for CLAT? Internet is full of materials but better to follow the links provided by a guided tour towards the syllabus. This guided link will serve as blessings.

Thank you for reaching me out.

With Regards

Ashis Bhar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register