LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Kumbhkar   14 June 2020

Plz give me right suggestion

I'm in final year of my graduation & I got a job in GDS ABPM, Can I continue my regular college study while working as GDS?

Learning

26 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     14 June 2020

No. You shall take permission from the authorities concerned.

Deepak Kumbhkar   14 June 2020

What should I do for the permission?
1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 June 2020

You can - provided performance of your duties are not affected.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     15 June 2020

I agree with experts, obtain proper permission for pursuing part time/ distance education.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     15 June 2020

As you are in the final year, and as the course is going to be completed within few months, convince the employer and take time to report after completion of the course.  Generally, an employer can accept unless there is an exigency.  Be certain that you can never ride two horses to two separate destinations.  Decide about your career as to whether your completing graduation is priority or employment is Priority.  I have seen hundreds of meritorious students discontinuing the studies as they wish to remain as support to their families as they are lower middle class and lot of responsibilities were there.  In other words it depends on need for such a job so urgently now for your family can also be a deciding factor.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 June 2020

you did not make it clear whether emplotyer is govt / semi govt.

Deepak Kumbhkar   15 June 2020

Its central govt job of post office. Can I get no work no pay for 240 days continue my study & secure my job?
plz tell the right suggestions for it.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 June 2020

One thing is that you need prior written permission from the deptt for continuing study.  For this you have to make a written reqauest.

If you  continue this study without taking such permission in wrting then you are liable for disciplinary action.

Secondly this permission is subject to the condition that official work does not suffer.

Thirdly even if suchpermission is granted still there is no verted right for you to get leave as per your pleasure.  Leave can still be refused.

Deepak Kumbhkar   15 June 2020

But can they give me permission for regular study while doing this job?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     16 June 2020

You are lucky, continue your job as well as studies.

Best wishes

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     17 June 2020

You may also clarify whether you are regular postal employee or you are ED employee.

This reply may alter the vews above.

P. Venu (Advocate)     21 June 2020

GDS (Gramin Dak Sevak) were earlier known as EDA (Extra Departmental Agents). They are are not full fledged public servants/Government employees. The post is part time. They are not governed by the provisions of Central Service Rules and it rigours.

They are governed by the provisions of Gramin Dak Sevak (Conduct and Engagement) Rules, 2011. There is no rule or provision therein which prevents or restricts or otherwise impose conditions upon  the GDS from continuing with or engaging in any activity so long as such activities are detrimental to the functioning of the Post Office.

It is the basic right of every person, irrespective of his employment, to make best use of his spare time at his discretion; continuing learning, whether through a regular course or otherwise, is the noblest among such activities. As such any instruction which restricts such a right cannot be within the discipline of the Constitution.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     21 June 2020

I  have seen several persons in Hyderabad working in private employment, hardly attended such Law colleges as regular students in Maharashtra, attended only examinations, and after such pass, practicing at Hyderabad and earning good reputation.    They are even uploading lessons in various acts in YOU TUBE.

It all depends on managing and balancing various factors.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 June 2020

So in that case the querist is not a govt employee.  He is not bound of CCS(COnduct) Rules.  Therefore he needs no permission to continue study.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register