Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Plz give me right suggestion

Page no : 2

P. Venu (Advocate)     21 June 2020

In spite of my best efforts, I could not come across any Rule under the provisions of CCS(Conduct) Rules, 1964 or the Government of India Decisions thereunder which mandates permission for continuing study or joining a course of study. 

To my knowlede, the prevailing notions in this context are misconceived.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     21 June 2020

One is not sure and the Sevak himself should try for the rules.  Though he may be a GDS, some rules must be there.  But only in educational institutions, there are no rules and attendance problems and that can be managed.  The best solution is the Correspondence course if possible or paying a condemnation fee for attendance and taking up third-year examinations.   In one Delhi case recently only Inspector of Police has completed the LLB course as a regular student.  Some of his subordinates obtained his attendance certificate in college and Police station and made a complaint to Commissioner of Police and he is still not exonerated from the charges.

"In one Delhi case recently only Inspector of Police has completed the LLB course as a regular student.  Some of his subordinates obtained his attendance certificate in college and Police station and made a complaint to Commissioner of Police and he is still not exonerated from the charges."

In my understanding, the posting in this Platform ought to be based on legal elements and hearsy stray incidents which would lead to scaremongering. The discussions in this platform ought not lead to perpetuations of misconceptions as to the salent features of public and personal administration based on misapprehensions and non-apprehension of the fundamentals thereto. 

Deepak Kumbhkar   21 June 2020

that means, I continue my regular study while doing this gds job. Am I right??

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     21 June 2020

The facts quoted are relevant to the context.  One can learn from those experiences and can decide the course of action.

Yes, you can provided performance of your duties are not adversely affected

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 June 2020

The very title of the query was provocative :-

"Pz give me right suggestion"

This implies that you lbelieve that this forum give wrong suggestion as well.

Still you have been advised.

For receiving a right suggestion one needs to state right facts as well.  You have still not confirmed that you are ED employee, it is only decuded by one expert and you are accordingly advised that you need no permission to continue studies.

You are yet to confirm the right facts.  So not sure whether this is right suggestion  or not .

Deepak Kumbhkar   21 June 2020

Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) job is a central govt job but according to GDS conduct & engagement rules, we don't call ourselves as a central govt employee because we paid on basis of Time Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA). our working hour is of 4 hrs. We r not regular employee but we work 4 hrs regularly.

There is not any rule in GDS conduct & Engagement rules 2020 that prevent us to take degree.

If any other suggestions on how I manage both gds job and my final year graduation
If this is not possible I will resign from job to complete my graduation.

That's why I ask right suggestions to what can I do??

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 June 2020

You probably so far have not contacted deptt. You are not the first or last such person.

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 July 2020

There is no impediment, other than the onerous task of balancing between the perforamnce of duty and study, that prevents you from continuing with the study. 

Contacting the department would be tantamount to inviting trouble; it is seldom that departments provide informed guidance on service matters.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 July 2020

Govt deptts are generally liberal in giving such permissions.

You have so far not contacted govt.

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 July 2020

What is the necessity of permission in the absence of legal necessity? Liberal attitude is in informing the public servant that no permission is required when there is no legal presecription to that effect, not not assuming non-exitent authority and issuing mere plcibo permissions.

A Government does not cease to be a citizen of this country, just because he has joined public service; it is only some of his rights are curtailed through valid laws and rules under Article 309. However, administrative instructions and circulars or misconceived notions borne of them cannot confer any authority to make the public servant a lesson citizen.

And in the instant case, the author has been appointed as GDS, not a public servant.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register