Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pankaj Acharya (Design Consultant)     16 December 2013

Employer is spoiling future growth & not paying salary also

Dear All,

I have joined a firm as lead  with good faith to make company & employees grow in better direction after discussing my vision with company management. Initially days itself i realisd that my employer has no system to delegate work among team for day,week,month .Since i have done this earlier i tried my best with HR , employees & employer too for which even Meeting & MOM's circulated. Most of employees gave me feedback that i am wasting my time on this since my employer is not a person who will change himself & give freedom of working & learning to everyone.I have also learnt that most of them are stuck here because they dont  are not paid on time & 2 months is notice period signed by them so even if they want to leave its difficult due to financial problem made by company.Also they dont get on time brief of work & forced to do jobs in squeezed time for which both employer & client is not happy.Still i tried my best to work upon it.First month itself i got shocked when i didnt get my full salary ( it was hafl only) & that too on 15th of month. I asked HR she simply said talk to your boss.Another shock was that one of employees gotta new CAR as reward from company .Still i tried my best to provide company as good result.In nov i decided to resign & sent my resignation with clear indication of reason.Now they started forcing me that i have to serve 2 months notice. Since it was the client whom i was working from my company side i agreed but still till today when my notice period is about to finish in 7 days i didnt get my nov salary.Since i work from site most of time & attendence register is not signed so i am worried that he will say for not paying salary.I feel angry also to file a case against him becasue of every month salary delay i am facing financiail problems at bank, other places where on time payments are required.Most frustating thing is not information is given to me for non payments. My employer is enjoying holidays in foreign land & we are not even paid till 16th of month.Let me know what to do.Let me know if more info is required.

Regards

Pankaj

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     16 December 2013

you need to engage an Advocate and serve the legal notice to the company and its management for not paying statutory dues to the employees.

even if they don't pay up then you may lodge an FIR with the local police station under whose jurisdiction the company office comes. you can lodge the FIR for cheating against the company and its management.

also you may file a summary suit or if the claim amount is Rs. 1 Lakh and above then you may file the winding up petition in the High Court against the company for the outstanding dues.

Regards

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 December 2013

What is this establishment: Industrial or Commercial?

How many employees are employed in it?

You and redg. office of the company are located in which state?

You have posted that:

----“In nov i decided to resign & sent my resignation with clear indication of reason.”

It is always better to mention the reason in case employer is not paying.

----“It is surprising and unfair too that even on getting notice of resignation due to non payment of wages the HR, Boses and employer has not moved to resolve the issues and pay the wages.”

This shows that this unscrupulous employer is a habitual offender.

The question arises did the concerned personnel in HR and Finance prepare and process financial journal and bill of wages in time or they did not?

----“Since i work from site most of time & attendence register is not signed so i am worried that he will say for not paying salary.”

Send your daily attendance by email or by letter but in writing and build record of attendance for each day of work.

Obtain a certificate of attendance from onsite client.

Obtain copy of security register that you have signed for entry and exit with date and time.

------“First month itself i got shocked when i didnt get my full salary ( it was hafl only) & that too on 15th of month.”

Did you object and write in writing under proper acknowledgment?

Write to this HR person with a copy to owner, appointing authority and demand reply in writing.

The employee can lodge a complaint the moment the eared wages are delayed even for a delay.

You have erred by continuing. YOU have compounded your loss.

If company has paid the wages it must not have paid PF,ESIC,TDS, Insurance and this is default.

-----“I asked HR she simply said talk to your boss.”

Submit MOM and demand reply to be supplied to you in writing :why you should talk to the boss?

Raise a question did she prepare your wage bill?

All employees whose wages are not paid can submit a joint complaint.

If they are unwilling you can lodge a complaint.

----“My employer is enjoying holidays in foreign land & we are not even paid till 16th of month.”

Doesn’t matter.

Lodge a complaint addressed to him, HR, next in command and also the person whose name is mentioned in registration certificate issued by Shops and Commercial Establishments Act  in writing.

The registration certificate should have been displayed near entrance in office.

Inform about resignation to onsite client as well with reason and take him in confidence.

Handover the charge under proper acknowledgment.

Instead of remaining entangled in conversations with Heads and others raise your demands in writing under proper acknowledgment by redg. post preferably to appointing authority, MD, Chairman and may narrate the representations made to this Boss (mention dates, phone numbers, dates, names and brief minutes of discussion) and cite that your service was not confirmed despite having performed very well and this is the reason that you have decided to separate by resignation, and as desired from you , you have already handed over the charge and no task/assignment was left pending at your end.

Demand that company should supply to you by redg. post only so as to reach you in next say...................7 days: acknowledgment of having received resignation, acceptance of resignation, the original and correct FNF statement as hard copy under seal and signature by hand of the competent employee for verification and acceptance by you, Form 16 as per correct FNF statement, payment of earned wages and FNF dues by bank DD only,  service certificate, relieving letter, NOC/NDC, PF number/account slips of entire period of service, ESIC card, Insurance card, salary slip of last month and all month’s of service, etc.................

The day for payment of wages is fixed.

You may go thru (Name of your state) Shops and Commercial Establishments Act  ,

Payment of wages Act; Section:

2. Definitions: 3*[(vi) "wages" means all remuneration.................., (d) any sum which by reason of the

termination of employmen.........................

3. Responsibility for payment of wages.

4. Fixation of wage-periods.

5. Time of payment of wages.

15. Claims arising out of deductions from wages or delay in payment of wages and penalty for malicious or vexatious claims.

16. Single application in respect of claims from unpaid group.-

17A. Conditional attachment of property of employer or other

persons responsible for payment of wages.-

Employee can approach:

-Lawyer/law firm: A legal notice can help to drill sense into the heads. You may request your lawyer to include the HR personnel, this Head, appointing authority, CEO, Chairman, MD in list of noticees............

Designation alone does not decide employee is covered as ‘Employee’ as in Shops and Commercial Establishments Act, and ‘Workman’ as in ID Act....................

Your lawyer may ask you a set of structured questions and may opine that you are covered.

-Trade Unions/ Employees Unions: They know precise ways to handle such issues

-Inspector under Payment of Wages Act (applicable to all employees drawing wages as per def of wages in the Act up to Rs.18000/pm)

-Inspector under ( name of your state) Shops and Commercial Establishments Act; 

-o/o Labor commissioner

-RPFC in nearest PF office: the employer has option to contribute PF up to wages Rs.6500/pm.

Inspector ESIC in jurisdictional ESIC office: The wage ceiling for ESIC was Rs.15000/pm ( being revised to Rs.25000/pm)

-IT)-TDS where employee files ITR and jurisdictional CIT-TDS where employer files ITR

-Civil Court.

There are threads to suggest that employees have been contemplating to lodge criminal complaints u/s 406, 420................................for criminal breach of trust.....................................and your lawyer may opine that name of Boss can be included in list of notices.

You may fine tune your representations as suitable to you.

The lawyer that has seen all of your docs can advice you the best.

Attached File : 89054564 payment of wages act 1936.pdf downloaded: 62 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register