Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maheboob Pendar   28 November 2023

Charge sheet is cleared . can i shift to other bank

Hello, 

Recently chargesheet filed against me for operational lapses. All staffs of our branch have shared their computer passwords among themselves for minor day to day operations.  During inspection , concerned officer from HO raised the issue to HO and detailed investigation was carried out. And password sharing was proved. But there is no fraud or reputational loss was reported as it was a minor operational lapses . But chargesheet was issued to all the branch staffs . All the staffs have replied to it and eventually case will be resolved. 

But my question is , will it affect me to shift to a new bank in the next year as I am eligible to appear for higher scale jobs in other PSU jobs as there was a chargesheet issued against me which would be closed by issuing a memo ... Currently I am in a scheduled commercial old sector Private limited bank

Learning

9 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     28 November 2023

No.  It is not a problem.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 November 2023

You first have to wait for the disposal of the charge sheet and the departmental inquiry proceedings.

If the inquiry report holds you guilty of the reported offence then it may create an adverse impact to your future career.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     29 November 2023

Wait for the judgment / order on charge-sheet issued by your Bank, which cannot be presumed. 

Sanskriti Tiwari   29 November 2023

In India, the banking sector operates under the purview of various regulations and legal provisions. The Banking Regulation Act of 1949, Section 35A, grants the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) the authority to set conduct standards for banking employees. Additionally, RBI guidelines outline stringent protocols for employee conduct, security, and operational procedures. Breaching these guidelines often leads to disciplinary actions.

While specific case laws regarding sharing computer passwords might be limited, legal precedents like the United Bank of India vs. Kazi Nazrul Islam & Ors. (2003) and Sukhram Yadav vs. Punjab National Bank (2008) emphasize the significance of adhering to established procedures and the justifiability of disciplinary actions for irregularities in banking operations.

Your situation, involving a chargesheet due to operational lapses in sharing passwords among staff members, could affect future job prospects. Banks prioritize candidates with clean disciplinary records, and chargesheets, even if resolved without severe consequences, could raise concerns during background checks.

To mitigate these implications, when seeking employment in other PSU banks, it's essential to transparently explain the incident, express remorse, and highlight the corrective measures taken to prevent similar occurrences. Seeking guidance from legal experts specialized in employment law or banking regulations in India would be prudent to navigate this issue effectively and understand its potential impact on future career opportunities.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 November 2023

Your query lacks precision.

Youare saying whole staff is charged. whether you are one such person?

You are saying whole staff is charged.whether the charges erupted due to some serious fraud dur to sharing of passowrd.

You said that chargehseet will be resolved  whether it is resolved and what is the decision?

You are not even sharing whether it is govt/private/cooperative bank?

Maheboob Pendar   30 November 2023

Sir, it is a private limited bank. Charge sheet has been issued to the all branch staffs including me seeking explaination . In fact there was no fraud involved and the inquiry conducted by the vigilance department has also reported no frauds are committed, but passwords were shared among the staffs.

All have submitted their explaination. We are waiting for the Head office reply.

Please let me know for any further queries sir

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 December 2023

Is it a chargeheet or mere explnation call.

Maheboob Pendar   03 December 2023

Sir, clearly it is a charge sheet. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 December 2023

o you cannot join other bank till charges are deropped or penalty period is over.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register