Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rising up again (FFF)     26 January 2014

Can MIL stay at my home ?

Dear ALL,

A brief - I have a self acquired 4BHK property and have my wife staying in the same house but in a different bedroom since years. My mother lives with us, and has a different bedroom. Due to regular fights and harrassments, we (me and my mother) are not in talking terms with her.. Now, my wife is going a step ahead and threatening that she would call her mother to stay at my home along with her OR hire a maid who would work only for her.

Can she really do that ? Can i stop her mother to come and stay with us beacuse i know that will create more troubles in the family. Is there any tresspassing law Or any way how i can stop her doing so ? She says, as its her matrimonial house, i cannot stop her doing so...

Learning

18 Replies

Asw.asw9291 (Software)     26 January 2014

hi, i am not aware of the laws considering this situation may be other professionals may b able to answer this but according to me as she married u she is part of ur family. its u n ur parents right to stay together or seperately and in this she should not have any problem. as far as her calling her parents to stay there i think it is necessary to tell her that after marriage she is the responsibility of ur family and not her parents. her parents should not be involved in this matter. it is her who is facing issues and the best would b to talk n sort it out. i feel ladies like this are responsible to spoil marriages and family.

my appologies if u find anything harsh here but i m going through a tough time so... i hope u understand

Dear ASW..

We have tried all possible measures but when she saw that we now do not get bothered about her tantrums at home, she now thought of another idea to trouble us. and problem is that her mother / brothers etc support her fully.

Now, although i have refused her mother to come and stay with us, wanted to be sure...is that is legally allowed ?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 January 2014

Her mother cannot stay with your family.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     26 January 2014

against your wish she cannot live with your family .

(Guest)

@rising up again....just do one thing. make a audio - vedio clip when she speaks so and file a Divorce case on cruelty. You will definitely get the divorce.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 January 2014

@rising up again: her mother or brothers or any of her relatives are third persons to you and if they come to stay in your house without your consent they are uninvited guests and in the legal language they are trespassers.  Therefore they do not have any right to come and occupy a place in your house without your consent, if they do so you can ask them to vacate and if they do not obey, they can be either thrown out or call the police to evict them and can also obtain an injunction against them from entering your house in the future too.

Ranee....... (NA)     26 January 2014

No, you can not resist your MIL from entering your home.DV Act says  she can get protection order to avoid violence to the dependents, or other relative or any other person who give the assistance to the aggrieved person .So don't invite  a DV case. 

(Guest)

"Can not"  hahaha!!! LOL!!! LOL!!

@Ranee

First you read properly the DV act, what is it written in DV, what is the query and then apply your twisted brain. Author's wife can get a protection order to stop Author from violence on her relatives. It doesn't mean that its a free boarding and lodging pass(ticket) for her mother to stay with them. It is not a residence order for her mother. Hehe!!!

"dont invite a DV" Hehe he!!! LOL!!! whom are you trying to fool and scare?

Neway How are you? How are your kids doing? Hope you guys are doing great :-) Happy new year to you :-)

@Author

No your mother-in-law can not stay with you. If I were you and if my wife is good to me, then I will take care of my MIL. But that's me and that's a big IF right. Otherwise I will throw her out without mercy, unscrupulous people should be thought a lesson.

RANEE.. seriously, i also am amazed to see your reply. how can it attract DV ? what if she calls all her 40-50 relatives to my place to live....  you mean i will have to accomodate all of them and give them a good living too.. ??/ todha impractical sa nahin ho jayega...??? what do u say ??? 

just to ask - are u an expert here or also a sufferer.. or making others suffer ? in any case..i really think... u are wrong..

--------------

Rest ALL - She is always full of ideas to trouble and not sleep one night properly. now, this idea !!! dont know whr she gets all these ideas...will not spare that bast**ds Or is that google ??? lolz...   thanks a ton all, just wanted to confirm this and you guys have given me strength. best of luck to you too.. !!!!

will keep the root cause away now........(as she is the reason of her existence).

Ranee....... (NA)     27 January 2014

@Stalker,

DV Act says  she can get protection order to avoid violence to the dependents, or other relative or any other person who give thessistance to the aggrieved person .A woman who lives without husband and in-laws inspite of living with them (in other words a victim of violence)can be assisted by her relative or welwisher...

I am fine..my kids are too fine...I am busy with my new restaurant.

:)

@rising up again

you live with your mother....does it mean you would like to live with your all relatives? living with mother is a different issue

rising up again (FFF)     27 January 2014

ranee..

u say - A woman who lives without husband and in-laws inspite of living with them (in other words a victim of violence)can be assisted by her relative or welwisher...

but my wife is with us and staying in the same house ? how does that relate to my case...????

and also u say......

DV Act says she can get protection order to avoid violence to the dependents, or other relative or any other person who give thessistance to the aggrieved person - If 'she' is the wife....who are the dependants here ??? and who is the aggrieved person ??

great india (manager)     27 January 2014

hahahaha.....ranee is trying to twist the story.....
1. wife needs to prove voilence a domestic voilence to be precise..
2. wife needs to prove threat, if thats the case you lawyer can debate at length for providing her alternate accomodation or rent in lieu rather than accomodating mil.

3. dv is appealable in sessions.

4. the orders can be cancelled if malafide intensions and cruelty upon you and your fly proven.
5. so chillax

Ranee....... (NA)     27 January 2014

ha ha ha,

you all are advicing the querist to file for injunction order to prevent her mother from entering in his house.If this is done don't you think wife will file cases like Dv etc?

I think not allowing MIL to come in your house is definetely a violence on wife and she is the closest relative of your wife.Better discuss the matter with your wife or talk to a local lawyer.

Please don't get instigated by the suggestions like "throw her out, or like that...because this is not easy and people who are saying like that has never done so!;)....they are loosers and what they could not do with their MIL/wife want others to do for their mental peace..but doing so ONLY you will be in trouble!

rising up again (FFF)     28 January 2014

ranee..

u havent replied my question.. ? see my last post in the same thread and reply my queries.. also, if u sure abt ur statement... send me a some links/ etc which support ur advice..

as i have consulted others...all say... that i cannot stop my MIL from coming home but can stop her for staying with us forever. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register