Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Marc K (Business Developer)     08 May 2013

An abusive & threatening wife

Hello Esteemed Advisors,

I got married in Aug 2012 and both my wife & I have been staying with my mom as my father passed away 2 yrs back.  It was a love marriage and my wife used to come over home even before marriage and since this was a intercaste marriage, I wanted her to first understand my cultural background etc.

After getting married I saw a stark change in her behavior where she started yelling at my mother, at me and even abusing me. Whenever she used to get angry with even the smallest of issues, she used to start yelling and one night she even started slapping herself for getting married to me. However I still held on to her, made her understand and continued the relationship.

But she grew even more possessive about me and would not approve of me going out for some work with my mother, since I'm the only son and my mother is dependent on me. At such times, she used to send me sms's commanding me to come over home rite away, else she'll kill herself etc.

Each time she had an argument with me, she'd go to her parents house and stay there for few days till I don't go and get her back.

But I still went ahead. Then in Jan she created a scene outside my house by yelling and even abusing me. I asked her to control herself but she  did not. She went to her parents home and stayed there.  During this time, she kept threatening me on the phone that she'll complain to the police etc while at the same time abusing my mother and me on the phone.

Finally after a month an half, I got her back home. But she couldn't control her temper and started a fight again and asked to me speak to my mother and tell her to shut up else my wife said she'll kill her.

Each time an argument happened I chose not to tell her parents. But after a while I couldn't take it anymore and went and spoke to her parents who assured me she would change her attitide and behavior. But she did not.

Sensing that things would not work, like this, I shifted to a rented apartment with my wife close to my mother's house. But my wife still ad a problem with my mother's phone calls to me.

Then one day she even created a scene when we both went for dinner and my mother called me on the phone. This behavior of hers has made me lose all liking for her. The next day she left for her parents house  called me started abusing me and even threatening me.

I left from that house and started staying at my parents house with my mother.

At last I asked her dad to mutually end this relationship ot which she agreed. But now she comes back asking for forgiveness with her dad and asks me to stay with her.

The rented flat has not been surrendered still and the lease agreement is on both our names. She called me the other day and threatens me that either I come and stay with her in that rented flat else, she'll barge into my parents flat where I'm staying currently as she's my wife legally.

I'm not sure what to do. I want to end this mutually. Please adivse. I'm mentally disturbed and tired in these 8 months of marriage itself.

Awaiting a reply,

Marc.

Learning

20 Replies

(Guest)

Ask her how much money she wants.

Arrange money.

Pay her.

Get MCD.

Part ways peacefully.

Hello Sir,

She does not want any money. She has been sending sms's and online chats asking me to forgive her one last time and that she'll change her attitide and control her anger.

But I've forgiven her multiple times, even staying away from mother's house for her happiness.  But she repeated the same thing again. Now even her father is asking me to give her one last chance and claims that he can even write on a stamp paper that she'll never repeat this behavior again. But she keeps threatenning me of creating a scene outside my house if I don't asnwer her calls etc.

Please suggest what do I do?

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Marc K

Hello Sir,

She does not want any money. She has been sending sms's and online chats asking me to forgive her one last time and that she'll change her attitide and control her anger.

But I've forgiven her multiple times, even staying away from mother's house for her happiness.  But she repeated the same thing again. Now even her father is asking me to give her one last chance and claims that he can even write on a stamp paper that she'll never repeat this behavior again. But she keeps threatenning me of creating a scene outside my house if I don't asnwer her calls etc.

Please suggest what do I do?

Marc:

Mad people fall in love, trust me on this, its people who are mad who fall in love.

Falling in love means submission ie total submission, you for her, she for you.

Now having said that, I dont see a case in your case which needs to be taken to court.

People in love keep fighting all of the time, and such people who keep fighting with each other creating scenes wherever and whenever without having even the slightest clue of what they are doing, should either be the best of buddies or husband and wife, here we got lovers.

Try forgiving her, to forgive is being next to God.

But at the same time you have to make her understand that you did not drop from the sky but from your mother's womb and that you too need space when it comes to you being with you mother or you being able to support your mother.  This needs lots of patience on both you and her part.  Love conquers all!

(Guest)

Give her a chance but start secretly recording the quarrels,threats etc. in case it doesn`t work out

(Guest)

On a legal note:  Try recording conversations, she shouting, she creating a scene etc.

Such recordings audio or VDO will come handy if she plans to file a 498a against you and your mom.

stanley (Freedom)     08 May 2013

@ Mark Anothony do you remember the famous singer 

Oh... 
I just wanted you to comfort me 
When I called you late last night you see 
I was fallin' into love 
Yes, I was crashin' into love 
Oh of all the words you sang to me 
About life, the truth and being free, yeah 
You sang to me, oh how you sang to me 

Follow Newtons third law of motion when she yells you too yell ;) and than see her reaction .

BTW I presume that the old place is in your parents name hence she cant barge into it . Continue to pay the rent for the rented place and even if she claims RTR under DV act hence she would get ger to stay at the rented place  even if a court order is passed and as her father is telling you to forgive her than forgive her but dont forget to forgive her only at the rented place 

Rajendra K Goyal (Advocate)     08 May 2013

A very appreciable and practicle advise from helping hand, will fatch peace of mind. Law is pro ladies. She can creat hell for you if she want. 

Hello SIr,

But I'm not sure if I should go back and stay with her in the rented flat again.

I anyways won't be happy staying with her and with all the abuses she's hurled at me and the threatening. How do I avoid going back now and safegaurd myself.

If I call her on the phone and make her understand that this relationship won't have the same warmth and love as before and I'm very disturbed and it would be better to mutually end this would this amount to coercion?

Please suggest.

@ Need Justice:

Yes, the instances mentioned by me indeed show lack of emotional balance of my wife, but I need advise on what do I do when she's forcing me to either stay with her in the rented flat else she'll barge into my parents house where I'm staying currently.

I don;t want any kind of nuisance around my house.

I need advise on how do I proceed if we need to go ahead with mutual separation. For now, she's asking me one last chance to forgive her. I've forgiven her earlier as well, but she repeated the same abusive behavior again.

Her father then in a fit asked me to send the papers to them. I've read that DMC can't be initiated until one yr of marriage is completed.

Please share some inputs. I'm completely distressed and confused. I don't want to get into any legal tangle jeopardizing my future.

(Guest)

Hello SIr,

But I'm not sure if I should go back and stay with her in the rented flat again.

I anyways won't be happy staying with her and with all the abuses she's hurled at me and the threatening. How do I avoid going back now and safegaurd myself.

If I call her on the phone and make her understand that this relationship won't have the same warmth and love as before and I'm very disturbed and it would be better to mutually end this would this amount to coercion?

Whether it would amount to coercion is a secondary matter.

You both lovelorns, what has happnd is, you have come to reality, but the madness which brought you both together still persists in your girl ie who is now your wife.

So the conflict is just about madness versus reality.

In reality you feel insulted, as you have forgone your madness which was prevailent when you both met and tied the knot later.

Its just between you and her, not her father, not your mother, just you and her, either make her realize the reality, and you have to let go of the ego that you have just acquired due to a sudden feeling of realism, and accept her the way she is, remember many a couple who had love marriages are facing the same problem.

The husband due to hardships of real life would have changed his mindset, but the girl would still be in that dreamy weeny world of love lorns.

No doubt she would have felt the same, that you have changed after marriage, but its in you to make her realize this.

It is better to fight with her, tolerate her than to roam to court halls.

Take my word for it.

I have seen inumerable cases like yours, out of preexcitation one would contact a lawyer, or send papers of MCD to wife, but they wont realize this until the other party contests the case.  

Contested cases will take a lifetime [read youth] to get over, by the end of it they wont give you a param veer chakra or a padmashree to your wife, youthful years will be wasted.

Seldom have I given this advice to people like you as you are in hot blood you dont have the capacity to think and listen to anyone.

Take my suggestion, if you have thought of divorcing your wife, dont do it.

You might feel that its a suffering not worth it i.e. living with her, but roaming to court halls and then later on getting over a broken marriage and finding yourself to get to the mode of searching for a compatible issue is a hell of a job to do.

TOday you might say, I will find someone else who is more insane than her, but you never know.

Go by the saying "A KNOWN DEVIL IS BETTER THAN A UNKNOWN ONE"
Please suggest.

(Guest)

@ Need Justice:

Yes, the instances mentioned by me indeed show lack of emotional balance of my wife, but I need advise on what do I do when she's forcing me to either stay with her in the rented flat else she'll barge into my parents house where I'm staying currently.

I don;t want any kind of nuisance around my house.

I need advise on how do I proceed if we need to go ahead with mutual separation. For now, she's asking me one last chance to forgive her. I've forgiven her earlier as well, but she repeated the same abusive behavior again.

Her father then in a fit asked me to send the papers to them. I've read that DMC can't be initiated until one yr of marriage is completed.

Please share some inputs. I'm completely distressed and confused. I don't want to get into any legal tangle jeopardizing my future.

GIve her one more chance.  Why? Everybody deserves another chance.   Or else you should not have had a love marriage.

Succumb to your ego and you will suffer for the rest of your life.

Succumb to love, you wil enjoy life in all its flavor!

For legal options, am always there to guide you.

ragz hyder (PM)     08 May 2013

The girl is suffering from mental disorder - could be histrionic or psychopathic.

So many similarities with my "ex" wife i would almost think you married her in my absence. If so thank you.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : ragz hyder

The girl is suffering from mental disorder - could be histrionic or psychopathic.

So many similarities with my "ex" wife i would almost think you married her in my absence. If so thank you.

Five six cases like this solved.

Just a simple talk is necessary for both of them.

Yours not love marriage Hyder.

In love marriage submission is there, not in arranged marriage.  In love marriage there is a sense of untold commitment.

Things which a arranged marriage person would see are different than a found my wife type one.

But as I say, if wife is doing halla gulla, there should be some reason to it, either she needs money, legal extortion or she is being ill-treated as it takes two to tango.

A once sane girl whom a guy could fall in love with would not change all of a sudden after marriage.

one has to think before giving suggestions, if the guy fell in love with this girl whom he has married, he should also think why he fell in love with her, he could not have fallen for a girl who was insane in the first place, either marriage like for anyone has turned her insane or like many others who advised "SHE IS MENTALLY SICK Etc" .  

There is something more hidden to what the querist here projects.

Either ways its just upto the querists how to make his wife agree to what he says, not to make a scene etc.. or in other words make her dance to his tunes, as that is an art which very little people know.

ragz hyder (PM)     08 May 2013

I agree helping hand but the instances giving by him..suicide threatening..fuss over Moms call etc all point to that...

I wish I could delve into details here but the very symptom of ASPD is about having a social mask

You might find these forums very useful. As much as 12% of the population could be suffering from ASPD.

Its not that the girl was once sane. Believe me really these are tough to detect. I am very sure this guy must have a nagging feeling before marriage but could not point to what it was. Am also sure she comes out very very iinocent to a casual onlooker. Only parents know..... 

https://www.lovefraud.com/videos/

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register