Joining if govt. job vs. criminal case

Hi,

I want some information, me and my friends were falsly charged for rape by our housemaid under ipc 376 b, but sesson court set us free and we were acquittal due to lack of evidences, after some times her husband made appeal i highcourt and appeal is in CRA condition now i am selected in govt. job. will there be any issue in joining? am i elegible for govt. job or not?

Total likes : 1 times

If appointment letter is issued to you, then please explain them about it very frankly because no use in hiding it. But if you hide it now then during police verification that truth will be known to your department. Then you will be dismissed on hiding fact, without any accrued benefits.
However if you still be able to hide it during police verification even then, will you be able to hide it through out your life. So be frank with your would be employer.

Total likes : 1 times

thakyou sir.....for your reply......my concern is that .....during police verification what will be the result. On the time of joining if department will ask i will definatly give all the details along with the order copy of judgment of session court. as session court made us acquittal...and currently this is appeal in the highcourt.....there is no enquiry or any other thing. i am confused, am i again accused in the case? will it be called pending case aginst me? as appeal is also aginst the govt. for judgment......

Dear Amit, appeal is never against anybody, neither against individual nor the Govt. but to prove innocence. So admission of your appeal prima facie indicates your innocence. However police also will submit the same that your case is under appeal in the HC. Now it's the department to decide to allow you joining or wait for the outcome of the appeal. But, sorry dear, I will not give you false hope, 90% you will not be allowed to join. However don't bother about it, let the offer of appointment order come first.

Dear Amit, you are already acquitted, then why are you worried about appeal by the State against your acquittal? I thought that since you have been convicted, hence you have appealed in the HC. My apologies dear.

thankyou sir for showing interest.....sir actully apeal made by lady's husband on the behalf of lady aginst the judgment of session court in which i am accquital. sir i am worried because of some of my friends told me that if there is any case pending in court then govt. employer will not give joining.

No. Don't you worry because you have been acquitted by the Sessions Court. Appeal against your acquittal will be decided in future by the HC. God willing you will be acquitted there also. Be positive always, even if odds are 100% against you.

Amit, let me make it very clear that if the lady was the complainant, then her husband can not file the appeal. Actually the State may have filed the appeal against your acquittal which is the norm. Second information is that when the Govt. department issues the offer of appointment, then it asks many questions in their attestation forms and amongst them there are few questions also like: Have u been ever arrested? Have you ever been convicted? Is there any case pending before the court against you? etc etc.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu