This query is : Resolved 

27 August 2019

Dear All,
I got married with girl from relative on 15th July-2018., at that time they told that she has completed 12th and ready to continue her further education after marriage, so after marriage it is observed that, she can’t read or write even Marathi, and unable to do the simple calculation of Rs.100 and unable to cook the food. So we try to teach her for four months, after that her father come our house at Diwali and along with her father she went to her parent house. We regularly call to her about her progress and health. After that when we visit to her house on 26th Jan -2019 and asked her father about her progress then he told that, there is no progress in her and he will not take any guarantee that, in future she is capable to do it.
So tell what is your decision otherwise he will go to the court, so we again give him two months’ time period but after that, they call to mediator and started to threating and demanding for money and not interested to send to her matrimonial house. They do these activities regularly and finally when they realise that it will not happen by calling , they arrange face to face meeting and we meet on 4th Aug- 2019. At that time they also demanded money said that we are not interested to send to her.
Every time our stand is the same that, we can ready to take her just teach her basic thing and finally we told that we are agree to take her as it.
1. What should be we do to bring her back and avoid their false and fabricated cases.
2. Suppose we file case at our jurisdiction then she can transfer to her jurisdiction, how can we stop her from transferring the same
Please guide us

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
28 August 2019

There is no dispute/problem with a lady who have little or limited knowledge/IQ.
It is no ground for divorce.
It is better to bring her and settle in matrimonial life and try to bring her to your expectations, which is not a compulsion, coercion or threat of slapping false case(s).
Law do not have any space for "suppose".
Consult a local prudent lawyer for further query/question(s) if any.

Anant (Querist)
28 August 2019

Thanks for your reply sir,
We have no issue for that, we are still ready to bring her but now they asking us for money only and their advocate threating us to convey our decision. Actually, now her father and relative put pressure on her and told us that she is no interested. So, in this case, how can we take the stand to bring her back.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert)
28 August 2019

You can ask to send her back by sending legal notice of restitution of conjugal rights.

P. Venu (Expert)
28 August 2019

The posting suggest that there are deeper issues. Is it only that she is not illiterate or of diminished IQ or that she physically or mentally unfit for leading a married life? Has the marriage been consummated?

Hemant Agarwal (Expert)
06 September 2019

1. ON the Contrary, you should be more than happy that you got a quiet and subdued female as your life partner OTHERWISE by now (looking at the new generation boys /girls) you would be trapped into legal disputes, jail & money demands.

2. Go & Talk to her personally (and not thru some over-smart villagers /relative agents) and convince her of your true feelings for her (which is what simple girls desire) and bring her back happily.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu