Unpaid salary - handover company laptop after resignation

This query is : Resolved 

12 January 2019

I am a resident of Bengaluru and was working for a pvt ltd company based in Pune as a sales manager
I resigned from the services on 26.12.18 and my resignation has been accepted . Also they have confirmed that from 7.1.2019 they are going to relieve me with immediate effect from the services and wanted me to handover the company belongings and data
They are holding on to my salary for 5 days in December with a reason of getting me marked absent in spite of me being at work . Also they have not settled my travel bill for month of November and December
I had written to them that settlement and handover process will be on exchange basis , hence prior to me settling the my payable salary of December, along with travel bill and also provide me the break up details of final settlement , I cannot comply with their request
They have only specified that F & F Settlement is as per the company policy, this policy has not been shared , nor this information is specified in the appointment order
Subsequent to that , there was a visit of the company personal to Bangalore who verbally informed as per the company policy after formal handover the reliving letter shall be given in about 10 days and the F & F Settlement in 45- 50 days.
Based on this I had agreed to handover the company assets ( Laptop ) , on the next day however they did not revert on that
After going back to Pune they have stated upon as I did not cooperate in the handover process , I need to travel to Pune at my cost for the handover
As I have some health related issues, I had informed them that travelling to Pune is not possible , hence if any company personal is visiting Bangalore I can handover the same, but even on this they are not agreeing
Also they are denying to provide the PF and UAN Number , the same has not be provided in the salary slip
I would really appreciate if the honourable members help me in my distress with their valuable suggestions. Thank you

Isaac Gabriel (Expert)
12 January 2019

How long you worked? Whether the PF was recoverd from your salary. Whether it was remitted with the PF authoriites. If so you can get the amount from the PF authorities directly notifying the resignation and acceptance.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
13 January 2019

Various issues are involved in your query, such as 5 days salary, full & final settlement amount, PF balance and relieving letter etc.
Issue notice for balance of salary and other accounts, f & f settlement, relieving etc. Besides this, separate notice for PF & UAN.
Consult a local lawyer practicing service matters for guidance and proceeding.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert)
Click to Talk
13 January 2019

You may list out all the issues one by one and the reliefs sought thereto , contact an advocate in the local and issue a legal notice demanding all your dues, wait for a reasonable time after which you can proceed legally against the company as per law.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu