Is dearance allowence compulsory for private colleges punjab

Dear Experts

Just wanted to know if a Private college affiliated under Government university (Guru Ravi Das Ayurvedic university Hoshiarpur Punjab) which follows 5th Pay commission of Punjab Govt has to pay D.A. to employees as a compulsion.

If Yes - where can I find a reference to that.

Current Situation
I have a relative who is a Lecturer in that college working there from last 17 years, Due to some disputes college is not giving him DA from last 7 years and he has a fixed salary amount. No Increments / No Hikes. Nothing

Would request you to please give your kind opinions - what can we do in this case ? Please advise

Many Thanks in advance, really appreciate any help.

Best Regards
Jitender

Being a Private College, the service regulation and rules apply. you can verify with the UGC and proceed.

The terms and conditions of service accepted by the employee and employer shall prevail.

Jitender Sharma (Querist)

Dear Experts

Thank you for your valuable reply. I understand what you are saying. But I have already spent time on searching for these rules and I am not sure where I can find them. What is that exact keyword I can use or are there any books available?
Probably best would be to get an advice who already has some experience in these type of cases.

~ A College Lecturer not getting any DA

Thank you
Jitender

×