This query is : Resolved 

13 September 2017

Sir, I have won a case in Hon'ble High Court on 03.07.2017 and Order Copy received by me on 04.08.2017. My Query is Can Opposite Party go to Hon'ble Supreme Court?? If So, What is the limitation time for them to approach higher court?? What I have to do before they apply for higher court ??

R.K Nanda (Expert)
Click to Talk
13 September 2017

1.yes, OP can go to SC in 90 days time.

2.file caveat petition in SC so that court notice comes to you if OP file SLP/appeal in SC.

Adv. Yogen Kakade (Expert)
14 September 2017

1) Yes, it is a legal right of the opposite party to approach the supreme court against the order passed by the High court.
2) The limitation period is 90 days for filing the appeal.
3) You can file a caveat petition at the Supreme court.

Rajeswariii (Querist)
14 September 2017

Thanks for the reply Sirs. Is the time limit same for Civil & Criminal Cases??

Sudhir Kumar (Expert)
23 September 2017

Basically a vague query.

Guest (Expert)
23 September 2017

Congratulations for winning the case. But nobody can debar from filing an appeal in the SC.

But, when you have asked, "is the time limit same for civil and criminal case" that gives a very clear signal that neither you have any such case (civil or criminal) in reality, not won that case in HC, but asking as if an academic query. otherwise, you could well have got such a general information from your own lawyer through whom you fought the case and won that in the HC.

So, observation of Mr. Sudhir Kumar is quite correct about vagueness of your question.

Dhingra, 1962dcg@gmail.com (Expert)
Click to Talk
23 September 2017

Perfect analysis by Mr. Sudhir Kumar and Mr. Jigyasu. Better know the art of asking question by avoiding artificiality in that.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu