Spelling correction in my child's birth certificate

This query is : Resolved 

18 October 2013

Dear Sirs/Mams,

My son is now 2 years old and I am planning to send him to school within a few months. Now the problem is that there is a spelling mistake in my son's first name (an extra character)in his birth cerificate. He doesn't have any document containing his name other than his birth ceritificate.
Please advice me how to correct his name in his birth certificate.

Wheather the municipality (from where I got the certificate) has the authority to correct the spelling or I have to take a legal step?


Devajyoti Barman (Expert)
Click to Talk
18 October 2013

Yes, you can apply for Municipality to get corrected certificate.

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Expert)
19 October 2013

Apply it with supporting affidavit.

Ms.Nirmala P.Rao (Expert)
19 October 2013

You produce a duly executed notarized affidavit(by both the parents) in support of your case for name correction to the Municipal authority and he should act as per your request and make the correction as per your request. Since he/the child is only 2 years old this simple and single notarized affidavit by both the parents is enough. Please press the Thank You button on my profile if you wish to thank me for this reply.

malipeddi jaggarao (Expert)
Click to Talk
19 October 2013

Agreed with experts.

Rajendra K Goyal (Expert)
21 October 2013

Approach the Municipal Authorities.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu