Right in family property

Hello Experts,
My query is, My grandfather's(Mother's Father) father had inherited some property in Visakhapatnam Andhra Pradesh. During 1984, The Government of India had acquired those properties(Lands) as per Land Acquisition Act for construction of Vizag Steel plant. However, on the date of acquisition by the Govt, my Grandfather's father had been dead. At that time, my grandfather had 4 brothers and 1 unmarried sister. The government had awarded compensation to the above mentioned six persons as their father had been dead in the form of lands under rehabilitation policy. The compensation had been awarded through issue of R Cards which specify the plot number and area of the lands awarded to each of the persons mentioned above. Now 2 months ago my grand father was deceased and it came to our notice that, the portion of land which he got as compensation from government was transferred in the name of my mother's younger sister. Is this legally valid? Is my mother entitled to an equal share in that property? What action can we take now?
Please help on this issue..

To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at lciconnect@lawyersclubindia.com 

When the land was awarded to your grandfather as compensesation, it is in the form of self acquired land in his hand.

He can sell / gift / assign / mortgage / bequeath it in favor of any one, other can not object.

agreed with the advise of Mr.R.K.Goyal sir. as the compensation property be treated as self-acquired, your grandfather might have been gifted to his daughter (your mother's sister). so you cannot object it.

How was the land transferred transferred? Who transferred it?

Perfect Solutions_askon5star@g (Expert)

Transfer of land by your grandfather to his daughter and your mother's younger sister was legally valid. Your mother can't do anything.

×