Regarding caste certificate

This query is : Resolved 

24 April 2019

I am an OBC candidate but at the time of graduation and post graduation, I have passed as general candidate because I didn't produce my caste certificate. But now, I am preparing for UPSC and I have all valid documents related to caste certification. So i want to ask , could there be any problem regarding that when verification will be done by auhority.

kavksatyanarayana (Expert)
24 April 2019

Dear queriest, while submitting application you can mention your caste and enclose a copy caste certificate. If you were selected, then they send it for verification to SDO/RDO/JC. so it may not be problem. But it is better to make representation with notarised affidavit regarding your caste to the University concerned to change the caste in Degree and PG.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
25 April 2019

Whether the University do (can) mention caste of a student in his/her graduation or post graduation degree/ diploma or certificate?
Is there any specific reservation available to student(s) belonging to OBC category?
Consult a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts/documents and guidance.

Sudhir Kumar (Expert)
25 April 2019

Not required to change university record.

If one is genuinely entitled to reservatin he can elect any time not to avail and can any time elect to avail.

But you r name itself suggest that you probably belong to forward community (though it may not be so) and suddenly after frustration you woke up regarding reservation right. Therefore, suspicion can rise any time.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu