Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter


Search for Lawyers          

Home > Experts > Property Law > RIGHT OF SON IN MOTHER'S PROPERTY

Please Wait ..


Report Abuse
This query is : Resolved

Author : Anonymous

Posted On 11 March 2011 at 21:41

To All the respected Lawyers on this website,
my name is Harmeet Singh from Dehradun, uttarakhand. Recently joined this website as a registered user. Would like to ask the expert lawyers about my latest concern on property issue.
Me and my parents were living with our Gandmother(mother's mother) since 1989 in Dehradun as my granny called my father and mother for her old age support as my mom does not has a real brother. We had a WILL from granny saying my MOM & myself as the successors after her demise. Now recently on Feb-1, 2011 my granny expired and my mom got into an emotional trap by her mother's far relatives on property. She filed a false case on me, my dad, and my wife saying that she wants all 3 of us to leave this house as she is the only owner now.
As far as I know that if my name is there on the WILL can I file a CASE in court asking for my share from my mother.
Please advise me something, as my family is breaking due to this.

Harmeet Singh
Dehra Dun.


To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at 

Expert : Devajyoti Barman

Posted On 11 March 2011 at 23:06

Click to Talk

You did not mention the nature of the case filed by her relative. If your granny has executed a valid Will bequeathing her property in your name then without wasting any time apply for Probate or Heirship Certificate whichever applies in your State and fight the case accordingly. Nothing to worry.

Expert : adv. rajeev ( rajoo )

Posted On 12 March 2011 at 06:23

You will have to file a suit for partition and seperate possession to claim your share as per the will. Will, will also decide in this case.

Expert : Advocate Bhartesh goyal

Posted On 12 March 2011 at 07:47

If your granny had executed valid will in favour of you and your mother then both of you and your mother have joint right of ownership over property.File partition suit and claim your share as per will and also move an application u/o 39 r 1$ 2 of C.P.C to get restrained your mother not to disposses you till the suit decides.

Expert : Kirti Kar Tripathi

Posted On 12 March 2011 at 08:35

if the property of your grand mother is falls within the scope of her self acquired property, the will is valid and you are now absolute owner of your share. you can get injunction and partition on the basis of said will. You can also produced the said will in the case filed by your mother.

Expert : Dayananda Gowda

Posted On 12 March 2011 at 09:31

I agree with experts

Expert : Chanchal Nag Chowdhury

Posted On 12 March 2011 at 12:44

The WILL needs a Probate to acquire enforceability.If your grand mother has made the Will as U have stated, U are also an owner alongwith your mother. So, U can also enforce your rights.

Author : Anonymous

Posted On 12 March 2011 at 20:26

Dear All Advocates,
Thanks a lot for the above precious advice. Well, this is right as per law what u all said. One more thing I have in mind- What if my mom present a false WILL claiming only her name for the property. She is already staying alone in that house since 45 days now. Me, my wife and my dad have left that house on 8th Feb-11 due to relatives unnecessary pressure and police complaint harrasments. So just tokeep our mind and career in focus we left that house. Can I still file case for my share in this property on the asis of the WILL. moreover I just have a photocopy f the WILL, the original WiLL is with mom. Does the court accept that as a valid evidence t prove that I am also a successor in the property?..


Posted On 18 March 2011 at 07:56

The will of your grand mother will be a valid evidence. You need to examine a witness/attester to that will also. You can file a suit for partition and separate possession of your share also



You need to be the querist or approved Lawyersclubindia expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login ( Members Login ) now

Similar Queries :

Quick Links

Browse By Category

Subscribe to Experts Feed
Enter your email to receive Experts Updates:

web analytics