Possession letter is lost/missing

This query is : Resolved 

07 November 2018

Dear Expert
I had bought a flat from the builder and they had given me possession letter in March 2017 when I had paid them full amount. I was told to hand over this possession letter to the person who was incharge of handing over the keys and I did that and got the keys. Now when I wanted to apply for electricity connection the Electricity supply company is asking for possession letter which I don't have as I had given to the person when I got the keys.
I have explained this situation verbally and in writing to the promoter but he is not responding. Please advise me what legal steps can be taken to get the duplicate possession letter as without this letter I cannot get the new electricity connection.
Thank you

Isaac Gabriel (Expert)
07 November 2018

It is only procedure.Get a copy from the builder or get from the office where you got the key. No legal action is necessary.

Nasir Hussain (Querist)
07 November 2018

That's what but they are not responding. I mean neither they are replying to my mail nor picking up my phone which clearly means that they are least bothered.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
08 November 2018

Whether the builder have executed "sale deed" or not ?
Electricity department has to ensure "title" and not possession, as stated by you, which you should confirm from department.
Show the documents to a local lawyer for better appreciation of facts / documents to a local prudent lawyer for better analyses, guidance and proceeding professionally, which may require/ attract issuance of notice and/or filing a suit for specific performance or permanent and mandatory injunction.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert)
08 November 2018

Electricity department cannot refuse to give connection only because of want of possession letter. You can seek legal action against electricity department.

Hemant Agarwal (Expert)
09 November 2018

1. Based on your Property Sale Deed, serve legal notice to the Builder and the Electricity co. NEXT time keep proper EXTRA COLOR photocopies of all the documents related to immovable property.

2. IF the above fails, THEN file a grievance petition before the local consumer court, for relief, damages and necessary directions to the above parties.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Nasir Hussain (Querist)
10 November 2018

Thanks a lot everybody for your kind advice.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu