Non-acceptance of resignation letter by employer

I am working in an organization in Kolkata in Sector 5 since 2016, I have received a better opportunity and hence I want to leave I have given a proper resignation letter along with one month notice period(as given in my appointment letter) in official mai.lBut, my employer is refusing to accept it stating that I am an "asset" to the company.I simply do not want to work here anymore please advise with regards on what can be done.

It is the sweet will of the management in deciding either to retain or relieve an employee.However, the management cannot put your resignation on hlod by hook or by crook. Yet you could wait for the decision on your resignation.In the meantime keep yourself without any commitment or liability so as to get your relief. .

No one keep you forcibly. After serving notice period you are at liberty to continue (as desired by management) or not.

×