Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter


Search for Lawyers          

Home > Experts > Civil Law > Name Correction in CBSE Certificates

Please Wait ..

Name Correction in CBSE Certificates (Civil Law)

Report Abuse
This query is : Resolved

Author : Anonymous

Posted On 11 January 2017 at 17:13

Hi experts,
I am having a query regarding correction of me and my father name in CBSE Certificates of class 10 and 12.
In CBSE certificates my name is RAVI S/o ANAND SINGH
Where as my correct name is RAVI SHARMA S/o ANAND SHARMA.
I had changed my school after 10.

I did my 10th and 12th in year 2014 and 2016 respectively.

I had contacted my 10th school when I was in that school for such rectification, for which they said it was a clerical error and they will get it rectified. But when I got my 10 marksheet, it was not rectified.

Now since my 10th certificate has my unrectified name, my 12th school took it as it was in 10th certificates.

NOW I am facing many probles and therefore wanted to get them rectified.

I contacted CBSE and they told me that there is a rule to make correction till only one year after the result, otherwise you have to get COURT ORDER DIRECTING CBSE TO MAKE SUCH CORRECTION.

Since now more than 1 year has elapsed from my 10th passing and which was base for my 12 certificates, I want to know from you experts what should be my course of action to have such rectification done.

Quick and professional reply appreciated.
Thanks in advance.


To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at 

Expert : N.J.S.Rajkumar alias narasimha

Posted On 11 January 2017 at 19:31

If you are very Particular Consult a Local Good senior advocate and get the Name changed ( obviously the Rectification) in Gazette by following the Procedures Like Publication in News Papers Etc.Then basing on that Proofs you could Change your name by attaching the Proofs when required.

Expert : N.J.S.Rajkumar alias narasimha

Posted On 11 January 2017 at 19:36

You had given the name in the Query you could have Posted the same instead of Anonymous

Expert : Rajendra K Goyal

Posted On 11 January 2017 at 19:40

No reply to query from an author who is anonymous.

Expert : Ms.Usha Kapoor

Posted On 12 January 2017 at 04:35

No reply to query from author who is anonymous.



You need to be the querist or approved Lawyersclubindia expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login ( Members Login ) now

Similar Queries :

Quick Links

Browse By Category

Subscribe to Experts Feed
Enter your email to receive Experts Updates:

web analytics