This query is : Resolved 

14 March 2019

whether the Govt of AP can grant the Mining lease to third person without consent of the land owner to do underground mining operation, when asked the department, they told that, land owners(farmers) have only surface right, govt have mineral right, hence lease holder can do underground mining operation without disturbing the surface of the land owner. i.e lease holder can enter from adjacent land in to farmer land in below 30 meters. is it correct in law. Please advise.

kavksatyanarayana (Expert)
14 March 2019

Yes if the owner leased his property (may be some extent) for mining lease, then the department concerned of AP may grant to 3rd party. If any doubt feel free to call me.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
15 March 2019

In a piece of land owned by private person, how can government grant lease for mining ?
However, it would be appropriate to consult a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts / documents/ revenue record and guide,

P. Venu (Expert)
15 March 2019

It is the basic duty of the Government to protect the property of the citizens. There is no powers vested with the Government to grant any such mining lease. To confirm the legal position you seek the requisite information under the RTI Act.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu