How to change muslim name to hindu name?

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
18 May 2017


I am married to a muslim woman from last 1.5 years. We are living happily and our families had also agreed to our marriage.

But the problem is we live as a nuclear family in a city but belong to a village in other state.

My father has just retired from the army and we will be shifting to our village soon.

The Problem is that I don't want my relatives and friends in village to know that my wife is a muslim. If they get to know this there will be big trouble in the village or even a threat to our life.

To make sure that this doesn't happen I want to change my wife's muslim name to a hindu name. I just want to change her name and not her religion.

I want to know how I can do it, is it possible to change her name to a hindu name without changing religion? And if this is possible what is the procedure to do it and how much it will cost.

I would be really obliged and grateful to receive a reply.

Guest (Expert)
18 May 2017

Not a good proposal.

Better not to go to your native village, if there is a threat to your life.

Call her with any name, one day or the other the native people would know her real name and religion on one or the other pretext mainly through rituals she would practise without change of religion. In that case what you would like to do at that time?

To be frank, your story is unbelievable that you want to change her name as Hindu name, while not preferring to change her religion.

Kumar Doab (Expert)
18 May 2017

AQ,NO reply.

Sudhir Kumar (Expert)
19 May 2017

Mr Anonymous has not even conveyed how marriage took place.

N.J.S.Rajkumar alias narasimha (Expert)
19 May 2017

Agree with Experts

Adv. Yogen Kakade (Expert)
19 May 2017

No answer for query for change in name for the author with no name.

Rajendra K Goyal (Expert)
19 May 2017

No reply to query from an author who is anonymous.

N.J.S.Rajkumar alias narasimha (Expert)
19 May 2017

Agree with Experts

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu