Forming of sub-committee for building renovation work.

This query is : Resolved 

09 January 2019

Sir / Madam,
In the co-operative housing society we have managing committee of seven members. Out of seven members only three members are active and supporting for the activities of the society. We intend to do building repairing work and painting etc. Since it is massive work and will consume long time to complete and we required manpower help.

Hence we are planning to call SGM to form sub-committee of 6 members from society members only to support us for this work under the control of the Secretary.

Can we from the sub-committee just to support and help the existing committee?

Whether it is in the frame of the bye laws?

Please advise.

Isaac Gabriel (Expert)
09 January 2019

If provision is available in the bylaws to form such sub vommitte you can form with the approval of the Registrar. If not seek the permission for creating such committee in accordance with the coop.socities act.

kavksatyanarayana (Expert)
09 January 2019

Yes. If there is a clause regarding constitution of Sub-committee, then you can form a sub-committee with the required (as noted in the byelaws) majority of General Body.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
13 January 2019

No need to refer the matter to RCS.
Any number of sub-committees can be formed by the AGM/SGM/ MC as per Bye-Laws adopted by the Society.

Hemant Agarwal (Expert)
22 February 2019

1. IF your Society is in Maharashtra, THEN u/s 72 of the MCS Act, r/w bye-law no. 97 to 112, a "special general body meeting (SGM)" can be duly called via a Notice & specific agenda "to constitute a Civil Repair Committee" for limited purposes, and pass it by majority resolution and duly record the same in the SGM Minutes.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu