Home > Experts > Legal Documents > Compliance of rules & regulation for setting up of girls hostel

Compliance of rules & regulation for setting up of girls hostel (Legal Documents)

Posted On 26 January 2012 at 21:11

RESPECTED EXPERTS,

WHAT ARE THE STANDARD RULES & REGULATION FOR SETTING UP OF GIRLS HOSTEL FROM VARIOUS AUTHORITIES IN INDIA. KINDLY HELP ME.

THANK YOU AND REGARDS TO ALL.

Expert : Devajyoti Barman

Posted On 26 January 2012 at 21:12

There is no special provision for setting up a girls' hostel , at least in WB.

Expert : Shonee Kapoor

Posted On 26 January 2012 at 22:54

Which state? Which kind of hostel

It is a state subject.

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Posted On 26 January 2012 at 23:07

Respected Experts,

Let me thank both of you for quick response to my query. I looking to set up it in the state of Kerala, I would like to meet all those respective laws which governs the said legal business as professionally as I could,hence once again humbly request you. Thank you.

Posted On 26 January 2012 at 23:19

Respected Barman Sir,

If there is no special provision for the same, then what could be the minimum standard of care one has to cautious enough to initiate it ?

Thank you Sir.

Expert : raj kumar makkad

Posted On 27 January 2012 at 00:01

Hostels are becoming increasingly popular among tourists and travelers, because with the economic turmoil that the world is going through, a cheaper alternative to hotel accommodations is needed. You can take advantage of this by opening up your own hostel business.

Here are some of the things that you need to set up in order to get your own hostel business up and running.
Licensing your Hostel Business

Since they cater to people, hostel owners need to get themselves licensed. Go to your local food and safety government agencies and get yourself certified.
Location Selection for your Hostel Business

This is very important while setting up this business, find a place which should be visible from the highways / main roads and that should be cheap as well. To keep the cost low in the rising competition you will have to set this business with a low investment. Plan your project accordingly, start with Phase-I where you just invest only 35-40% of your investment and get your business start and running. You can develop Phase-II and Phase-III later so that it will give you a margin time to filter your mistakes and invest your money perfectly.
Security Lockers

Hostels can be called small hotels. They act almost like hotels except that some accommodations that are afforded to hotel guests are removed. This includes security for your things. In a hostel, guests only have security lockers for their things. When starting your hostel business, make sure to get only the best security lockers for your guests or else, your reputation could suffer if one of your guests successfully raids the others’ lockers and actually get away with it.
Amenities for Hostel Business

Decide first if you want to use double-deck or single deck beds for your rooms, or a combination of both. You would also need to address the privacy of your guests because hostel guests are like bedspacers; they share one room. Unlike hotels, TV sets in hostel rooms are not encouraged in order to foster more interaction between guests.
Internet Access

Internet access can either be wifi or landline-based, so your guests can connect with their loved ones in their home countries. Some of them might choose to bring their own laptops, but others will most likely be restricted to PCs that you provide to them. Make sure they can download and send pictures from their digital cameras if they wish to.
Maps

Most of your guests will be tourists, and they will want to tour around the city they are staying at. To help them – and to ensure their safety – be ready to provide them with maps that can guide them around the city. The maps should be free. If you can, link up with a tour guide agency through which you can offer them a tour of the city.
The Best Staff for Hostel Business

The thing in common with both hotels and hostels is that their reputation hinges on the staff that serves their establishments. The same goes for your business. You need to best there is in staffing. The staff should be friendly, helpful, and with an eye for cleanliness and organization. Having these will help boost the reputation of your business greatly.

Posted On 27 January 2012 at 00:15

Dear Rajkumar Sir,
Really quite informative insight of large volume of scope attached to the field. Very much happy and immensely satisfied with it.

A bit of information needed with reference to food and safety of local government agencies.

Kind regards

Pramod K.P.

Expert : Advocate. Arunagiri

Posted On 27 January 2012 at 10:07

You have to get the license from the health department of the local body.

Posted On 27 January 2012 at 11:01

Dear all experts,

Thank you so much for your kind and valuable assistance.

Regards to all.