Capital gain surplus funds

I had a flat. I sold that property and transfered all the sale amount to a new capital gain account ( instead of just a capital gain amount ) .

Later I invested in another property within 3 years and paid all the amount from this capital gain account. After paying all the amount for the investment I did, i have some surplus amount. Can you please advise on if I can use this surplus for renovation/ furnishing new flat? Can I make a payment to individual/ contractor from this account Or can I withdraw some amount as a cash also?

Would appreciate your response.

Thank you

atulbangal@gmail.com

To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at lciconnect@lawyersclubindia.com 

You have invested the capital gains as per IT requirement.

However, regarding accounting in line with the income tax requirements need to be guided by your tax consultant / CA

Mr.RK Goyal basing on your insulting replies to various Querists posting as Anonymous why dont you post your profile before insulting them please

Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert)

You did the right thing by investing the entire amount in capital gain account scheme of nationalized bank for 3 years.under section 54 of IT Act. 1961. The surplus amount you can use in renovation or furnishing of new flat to save on Long time Capital Gains Tax. You can claim deduction on your tax liability on such miscellaneous expenses of the new flat.

Adv. Yogen Kakade (Expert)

I agree with Ushaji.. ...

Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert)

Thanks for agreeing with me Mr.Yogen Kakade Ji.

Expert, N.J.S.Rajkumar alias narasimha ji,
You are in the habit of poking your nose in unrelated matters,
it would be better for the forum / author to contribute and share your knowledge if you can / have, rather to comment only for comments.
It seems you just try to pose as you are master of the forum / club / law / knowledge / intelligence, fact may / seem to be reverse.
Do not comment on other expert, if have problem contact administrator.

Let the administrator decide and point if the reply is insulting would not hesitate to feel sorry if pointed, do not try to be self styled master on unrelated matter.

Mr RK Goyal Justification would be better than exposing the irritation

×