I am Loco Pilot working with Indian Railways at ghaziabad.
I started my career in 1986 and was very active in trade union of Drivers since begining.
I am presently Central Working President of Indian Railway Loco Runningmen Orgainsation.
My dreams are
1. Get Chairman Railway Board be Not Secretary Min. of Railway, Govt. of India. Let an IAS head as Secy. Min. of Railway and CRB to report to it.
2. Get Rail Transport Regulator in India.
3. Min. of Labour to have all the powers to Decide Duty houres of Rail Employees, The Powers were taken away from Min. of Labour, by Min. of Railways who notified HOER act -2005 (Because Railway Board can issue Gazettee Notifications that can be passed by parliament in next six months.) This clever move took away the powers of Min. of Labour to control HOER ovf Railway employees.
4. Get International License for Train Drivers Like Road / AIR / Sea Captain acquire licenses which valid internationally.
5. Rail Safety Orgainsation be Independent.
6. Duty hours of Train Drivers in India not more than 06 hours continously.
7. Compulsory weekly rest for train drivers, as of now very vague term is used to define weekly rest. "Periodical rests of 30 hrs each-04 nos or 22 Hours each 05 nos would be given to running staff in a month. Now when the firts rest would be due, after what hours it would be due, is it compulsory-----nothing is defined.
8. Rest break for food / Ref / natural call allowed to train drivers.
9. Ban on over time by train drivers. now a days indian train drivers can be found working more than 12 to 18 hours continuously.
Hope i would succeed in my efforts.
Note : Hidden content . Visible only to logged in members