LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Zero pendency-in courts

Can the Judges in the courts of India be compelled to work overtime to clear back logs?It is universally accepted phenomenon that a group of workers privately /publicly employed has to clear backlogs Why it is not applicable for the Judges?

We have alternative medicines , Quack doctors and astrologers who are trying to help the society falling apart from the disease of body , minds and souls of crores who have the problems of plenty to those who dreams of some miracles someday.

Should we not have some alternative judicial system if present system is unworthy or say un productive? In the Armed forces under the same constitution we have provision for Jury System and which is working fine for the people in uniform barring a few abuses here and there. Why can't we declare pendency of such a magnitude as the national emergency and establish Army like courts to clear the backlogs. There has to be some good men i/ women in the police too who will act as the judge advocate impartially . We then can have Juries selected through a pseudorandom process from the mobile owners to elect them as juries from the same locality for the offences which is affecting that local area adversely eg a rape of a minor girl or a pick pocket or a petty quarrel? 

There was a proposal by the now evicted Communist Govt in the state of West Bengal in the name of  Shalishi Bill ( I do not know whether I have spelt it right) conferring rights to the Gram Panchayats to prosecute offenders in their area of influence. Can we not examine the concept in a broad outlook for entire country which is bogged down visiting the courts to get just another dates.

What about empowering the police to dispose of the case at their level duly recording their comments on the FIRs or on the complaint itself.We can not over burden our LORDSHEEPS they have to stay afloat at the IVORY TOWERS, have vacations and give dates after dates , give adjourments as well as politically turbulent decisions at the wrong times.

Learning

5 Replies

venkatesh Rao (Retired Government Servant)     05 February 2012

Pl. dont be so harsh about juduciary as it is not resposible for pendency, adjournments etc. Visit a court preferably, JMFC and CIVIL JuDGE , be there in court room all along, continue for three more successive days and u will realise that your comment is totally wrong as far as juduciary is concerned.

U are committing contempt if u are intentionally using LORDSHEEPS in stead of LORDSHIPS.

If the police are allowed to do like what you say, it multiplies the cases in geometric proportion. Law makers have forethought all these and made the law as is now.

Democratic Indian (n/a)     05 February 2012

Originally posted by :venkatesh Rao
" U are committing contempt if u are intentionally using LORDSHEEPS in stead of LORDSHIPS.
"

I don't think this amounts to contempt. Please read the attachment attached below with this post.

Yes I disagree with the opinion to give powers to police to adjudicate cases. That would be plain violation of rule of law and giving more powers to already horrible corrupt elements in police.

The problem of pendency of cases is more complex than it is generally percieved to be be. It needs to be attacked from multiple fronts. But the corrupt elements in power do not want pendency of cases to finish. This is one of the way they cause natural death of cases.

Attached File : 820297627 contempt.pdf downloaded: 81 times

(Guest)

Its wonderful to be here in this forum. I am getting really educated for the first time.

Thanks to one and all.

Damayanti (Unemployed)     16 February 2012

there is no connection between jury and case delays/timespan.

jurys don't contribute to either  reduce or affect timespan anyways.

instead make LLB course compulsary to every one

(Guest)

It certainly does as the power and the auth to accord sanction for adjournments once the proceeding has started is shifted to the Juries who are assembled from all works of life eg a fisher man from Odisha , a Sweepress from UP, a king from Kannaur, A Nawab from from haryana, A sankaracharya from Bangalore , A Maulavi from Kolkata , a Thakur from Uttarakhand etc etc for a very specific period of time isolated from their kith and kin( akin to Big Boss ) at the govt expense. The process is fast and furious . There is power to the present day lordsheep to keep the verdict reserved till sukhrams die a natural death.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register