LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vivek (Lead)     01 June 2015

Wrong x-ray medical report by hospital in gurgaon

Due to injury of my wife in her leg ,we came to Max Gurgaon emergency on 24 May 2015 and as per oncduty doctor suggestion her left leg X-ray was done.

Max on call doctor told us that there is no fracture in her leg. Also Max radiologist report (Dr Gaurav Kapoor) mentioned that there is no fracture.

We have also visited another doctor from another hospital and he examined same x-ray(which we had in Max hospital ) and he told and also mentioned in his prescripttion that there is chip fracture.

Strange ???Max on call doctor and radiologist said 'No fracture' .While another doctor is saying there is fracture

How can I take action against Max Hospital ?Max has charged 5200 rupees for this in emergency . I have X-ray film and report from Max Gurgaon ,also I have another doctor prescripttion  where he has mentioned that there is fracture.

Please advise.


 8 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 June 2015

Rs.5200/ for an X-rau seems to be too much.

The Doctor that has written wrong diagnosis is deficient........................

Doctor that has initiated wrong treatment by wrong diagnosis or doctor based on whose diagnosis wrong treatment has been initiated is deficient................

If this wrong treatment has lead to any deformity etc the claim would be larger.

You can pull all of them to DCDRF.


However do so under expert advise of a lawyer well versed consumer cases.




advprasad9028707127   02 June 2015

It is nothing but deficiency in service with consumers Ur case is best one to approach consumer fora of ur district for compensation.

advprasad9028707127   02 June 2015

It is nothing but deficiency in service with consumers Ur case is best one to approach consumer fora of ur district for compensation.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     02 June 2015

Charging excess amount for diagnosis by Max Hospital amounts to unfair trade pratice for which hospital is liable to compensate and refund of excess amount.Doctor and Radiologist who examined the patient and gave wrong advise and gave treatment  are also liable to compensate the patient.Approach District Consumer Redressal Forum for legal action.


Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     04 June 2015

Two doctors said that there was no fracture. Two others said that there was  fracture. How to know who was right? One way is to proceed as the doctor would advise if there was no fracture. If the condition of the patient worsens go to the doctor who said that there was fracture.. Then go to consumer court against the doctor who said that there was no fracture. A second option is to refer the Xrays to a panel of specialists and get their opinion.

If one doctor says that there was no fracture and another that there was  fracture it does not necessarily mean that the former was wrong.

I had a fall and went to a doctor. He took an Xray and said that there was fracture and that I needed hospitalisation. I then approached another doctor with the same Xray. He said that there was no fracture, gave me some pain-killers and asked me to go home and take bed-rest until the paid subsides. I did what the latter said. I was on my feet in two weeks.

The question raised by the author was for ortho-paedic surgeons and not lawyers.

advprasad9028707127   16 July 2015

Do not conclude, Let judge case by court

BHRIGU DATTA 9475352677 (PRIVATE PRACTICE)     18 July 2015

this fit case for consumer forum . you should file complain there

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     19 July 2015

The post is one month old. The author of the post has not returned since. Is he still waiting for further and further advice?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register