Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Joy (Consultant )     18 November 2011

Wrong traffic penalties charged

Please Help .

I was charged wrongly by traffic Police in Chennai,I was not having a NOC and signal Violation,but for that the police reciepts shows charged for Rash Driving and Signal VIolation(1050RS).When pointed to the office and insisted for NOC charges ,the officer written With a pen on the reciept as NOC.

is it chargeable for NOC for Bike In Tamilnadu or chennai ,as i dont see any penalties mentioned in Traffic Police web site.?

What are the rules for two wheeler from other states ,running in state temperarily? ...Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

venkatkrishna (AGM)     20 December 2011

Dear Joy

As per MVAct,  any motor vehicle is allowed to  use in any other state for 12 months without NOC and change of Registration.  If the stay is more than 12 months,  you have opt for change of registration.  No police can impose penalty for NOC.

In India it is commn pehnomena, the Traffic Police, simply to full  fill the targets and to fill their pockets, do such illegal things in official robes.

You send a notice to the Commissioner of Police, Traffic  narrating the total incident and ask for refund of the same.  Thereafter,   you can take adavise and help of the  local Advocate and file a case.  Your Letter copy to the commissioner, Postal Receipt and acknowledgemnt card are compulsory for  your further court case.

May be your letter ( dont use an aisove  language , just  write in polite way) to Commissioner of Police Traffic   will help you.

Joy (Consultant )     20 December 2011

Dear Venkatkrishna ,

Thanks for the reply ,i have settled the issue a month back it self ,i was written to the Deputy Commisioner of Police and the inspector to the jurisdiction as suggested by a consumercourt official for the compensation.The inspector had called for a investigation meeting within the 15 days ,and he himself understood the situation ,my case was wrongly charged and more over the police officer was written with a pen on the reciept as it is charged for NOC when i argued him .(my issue was the officer was asking for the penalty for NOC and charged for Rash driving).The officer was agreed the mistake and i too didnt taken the refund ,i could have and the inspector was asked the office to pay but i didnt taken ,again that was just personal  deciscion.any way thanks for the advice ..thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register