LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sarfaraz (electrical engineer)     09 June 2011

wrong name mentioned of daughter

hello all my experts of lawyers club. please help me. my problem is my wife is living at her mother's home since last 4 years and also filed crpc-125 and this case is under progress. and i have filed case of custody of my 4 years daughter and during this i demand for visitation and case is on hearing.

my problem is i got information that my wife has taken admission of my daughter in school but she has mentioned her name on school record of my daughter in place of my name and she has mentioned her surname in place of my surname still our relation is not finised and  i am alive. i got school admission reciept of my daughter from some one and i found first my daughter's name is correct but then i found it saws my wife's name and my wife's surname with it.

can i change my wife name on school record of my daughter with my name and surname?

can i get court's help for this matter?

which act can be applied for this matter?


 5 Replies

K S Narayana Rao (District Registrar)     10 June 2011


S.Pandey (Partner)     10 June 2011

Now wife can mention her name at the place of husband under law and if she doesn't thinks fit to disclose his child's father 's name you can't legally compel her to do so and if you get custody of child through court then you can mention your name in school record.


1 Like


Good advice by Mr. Pandey.

sarfaraz (electrical engineer)     24 July 2011

but there is my name on birth certificate. then can my wife mention her name?

sarfaraz (electrical engineer)     09 August 2011

hello experts thanks for your reply. but may i know which law allow to mother to write her own name and surname with child without getting divorce or sepretion.? i would like to know the law and superem court's judgment. please help me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register