Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak (engineer)     14 May 2011

wrong initial in sale deed

Hi esteemed members,

I about to purchase a plot. I am in the last stage of processing the purcahse, got bank loan , ready to register.

Just now I noticed that my sellers initial has been misspelled in her sale deed dated 2010. 

Her real initial is R but in thesale deed document it is mentioned as N. Apart from this her husband's name and other details are perfect.

What can i do now ? do i need to insist for rectification deed or afidavit ?

Please guide me 

Learning

9 Replies

Praveen Singh (Lawyer)     14 May 2011

Deepak, the same is an error but does not affect your title since the Sale deed is a registered document and while registration her phots must have been taken by the sub-registrar.

However as abundant caution you can get executed a deed of confirmation from the seller that she had executed a sale deed in your favour though practically it would be like alerting her about the error and it would be difficult to convince without payment of additional amount.

praveensingh1@indiatimes.com

1 Like

Thanks praveen for your prompt reply.

Deed of confirmation ? is it a registered document?   the sellers sale deed at the time of 2000,  doesn't have any photo. But it has passed through vigorous screening by bank and got sanctioned , I dont have doubt  about the authentocity.But for the sake of correctness of document and for future sale consideration we need to be on safer side.

Now photo will be affixed  when sale deed is executed by her to me .

do i need deed of confirmation ? or notarized  affidavit ?  and do i need to register this documents? 

Bit worried at this point of time

once again thanks for your clarrification

I haven't done my sale deed . do i need to insist for recfiication deed (or notary affidavit) from the seller before completing the sale ? 

Praveen Singh (Lawyer)     14 May 2011

Deepak,

though it depends on facts of a particular case however it seems that you are referring to sale deed in the sellers favour who is now going to sell you. There is no need to worry in case you are going to execute a registered sale deed in your favour. Even if signature is different, the seller is bound by the rule of doctrine of feeding of grant by estoppel. One who states that it is not his or her signature but he/she himself has done before the registrar. Going by the facts it seems your worries are baseless.

prabhakar singh (advocate)     29 May 2011

JUST ONE THING MANAGE TO GET SIGNATURE OF HER SELLER ON YOUR SALEDEED AS WITNESS THEN GET IT REGISTERED.

Deepak (engineer)     29 May 2011

Thank you Praveen and Prabhakar sir. 

I got rectification deed and done sale deed after that :) 

Rajesh Babu Sammetha (Solution consultant)     01 January 2012

Hi Experts,

I am facing the same problem that Deepak has mentioned here, excepting the difference that the where abouts of the seller's seller are not known due to which we can't get a rectification deed for the sale deed :-(

Would you please advise me asap if we have an alternate solution for this, something like a notary affidavit where in the seller declares that it is his name that's on the sale deed but with a mistake?

A quick response would be highly appreciated!!

Thanks & Regards,

Rajesh Babu Sammetha,

+91 888 6 000 998

sharadha (chairman)     09 January 2012

Hi we have an solution if you want to more information please visit us at:

Lex Valorem India Pvt. Ltd.

#405, 7th Cross, IV Block,

Koramangala, Bangalore - 560 034

Email Id: lex.sathi@yahoo.com

Sharada.sc@lexvalorem.com

Phone Number: +91-80-25534374, 80-25536618

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     12 January 2012

LEX:

This forum should not be misused by such  Pvt Ltd. Co, who do not wnt to answer the query, or to share knowledge, or to help the aggrived person who rased query wth hope to get guidance from experts, But to advertse their Private Offce to attact Clients

WILL LCI ADMINISTRATION  DO THE NEEDFUL TO WEED OUT MISSE OF LCI? THIS S PROBABLY 10TH TIME IN A WEEK, THAT IT IS REPEATED, AND MAY REPEATE WITH ALL NREW QUERY. 

Adv Shroff

12-01-2012 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register