FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Wrong information given before marriage

I got married 3 month back.This is arranged marriage.Before marriage girl family sent me the biodata on my mail.The height of girl mention in biodata is 5 feet 3 inches and the degree of girl is mentioned msc chemistry.When i went to saw a girl i asked his height and other details.Girl also told same height.It was not possible for me measure the height and all.When i demanded the documents of msc chemistry they told that result is halted due to university reasons.After engagement i came to know that girl has phone friend(as she told me when i inspectd) but she told she doesn't have any affair.I told how she got friend?She replied by facebook she came to touch with this guy.She told that she never met her.The guy and girl from same city.I believed her.But after marriage i found girl height is just 5 feet.Result of msc chemistry is still awaited after 1 year 8 month of exam.I told her to show me on site his roll number whether result awaited or she fail.She gave unsatisfactory answers or diverting the topic.I asked abt height than she told if she gave right height you would not marry me.Her family apologise for this.And most important thing girl didn't bleed(however i know this is not necessary) on first night.Now i m in high depression.The girl and girl family gave wrong information abt height and degree.Now i am not able to believe on girl character before marriage as he also hide fact.I trust her and marriage instead of knowing she has phone friend.Now i thought she might have some illegal relations also because she and her family gave wrong info in biodata,So she can also tell lie abt this.Girl family is well educated also.Father is doctor.So it is confirmed that things has been done deliberately.Please advice.I m totally feels that i m cheated by girl and girl family.Now what should i do?Can i file case of fraud and compensation on girl's family or file case for null marriage.Please advice.I m totally feels that i m cheated by girl and girl family.


 3 Replies

Advocate M.Bhadra   24 February 2013

This is not a good ground for divorce or annulment of marriage  as the case may be ,settle amicably the matter with your wife and file a suit for Divorce on Mutual Consent.Filing of Divorce suit from your side on contest by whch may be counter case by your wife's side and also maintenance case.


If you were in Amereica, it would be possible!

Amit (NA)     25 February 2013

But what's her actual educational qualifications?

If you have proof that she claimed her edu as MSc and later you find that she's just 10th pass or 12th pass it can be a ground assuming you are highly educated.

Height can't be a ground.


If she refuses to divulge her qualifications (try softly first) and u suspect her of infidelity, then drop her at her parents' place for a month or two and meanwhile hire a detective to get to the root of her affair.

It's important that you stop cohabiting with her as soon as you get hint of her cheating.



Once you have enough proof, contact a good lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query