Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sreenath (consultant)     18 May 2013

Wrong date of birth in certificates

Dear Experts,


I am having issue with my wife date of birth mentioned in educational certicates. As she born in 1992 and we got married in 2012, when we saw her education certificates the date of birth mentioned as 1994 and till now they haven't realized the difference.

Now we want to apply passport for her. We have a date of birth certificate issued by local revenue authories of her birth place as 1992 and all her educational certificates showing date of birth as 1994.

Can some one through an idea how to proceed to apply the passport with the two different dates mentioned in certificates. 





 2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     18 May 2013

To get rectify the mistake in birth year, your wife has to issue notice to the state Govt, Rep., by Deputy Commissioner of the Dist.,, Deputy Directior of Public Instructions u/s 80 of CPC by giving them 2 months time to rectiry the mistake in the school records.  After waiting period of 2 months your wife will have to file a suit for mandatory injunction./  
But limitation point arises, to bring it in to the limitation point is left your advocate.

sreenath (consultant)     18 May 2013



It looks long process, is there any way to apply for the passport with existing documents along with any attestation from gazetted officers.


We want to apply for passport immediately later i can go for this, kindly suggest if any alternate way to complete this.




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query