LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ashok kumar (Social Worker)     08 February 2016

Wrong acquittal in 138 nia trial

Wrong Acquittal in 138 NIA Trial In a 138 NIA Trial the liability is not disputed but the accused is acquitted on the logic that the amount due to the complainant was to be recovered in lump sum whereas the cheques represent not the lump sum amount but the part of the amount to be recovered To my mind this is a gross overlook of the Law related to Ch Return by the Trial Court because in the Law itself (Section 139) it is clearly mentioned that “Presumption in favour of holder.—It shall be presumed, unless the contrary is proved, that the holder of a cheque received the cheque of the nature referred to in section 138 for the discharge, in whole or in part, of any debt or other liability.] This being a clear case, yet does any one have any case laws related to lump sum payment / part payment etc mentioned in the Section (Not the case laws regarding the presumption in Section 139)

Learning

18 Replies

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     08 February 2016

This is an absurd judgement . Send me the link of the same and maybe I can help you

Rajveet   09 February 2016

I got married in may 2013, after having issues I filed my divorce in April 2014 and saperated, I was being alone so one of my friend suggest me to register on matrimonial site and find people like me that there r more sad people then me. I met a girl who was nice at first we met and got intimate too, after 20 days she strart to force to meet and go to her home but it was not possible cuz of job, she start threatening me all the time that she will file a rape case against me if I won't marry her. One day I got a call from polcr station that I have to marry her or police will send me to jail forever. I told them I can marry once I done my divorce and I can't marriage cuz my divorce is not done. Then forcefully she married to me in arya samaj (only her friends were there even vitness from my side were her friends) , but after that she threatening me again and again that I have to stay with her and she can still fil rape case. I was in depression and left home for 3 months, one day I got a call from my ex-wife parents (during divorce) that my ex's brother is sending her sister to orphanage and her beat her daily. My parents made pressure on me to accept my first legal wife. And I took my case back from court. Now my wife is pregnant and the second girl is asking for maintains and keep saying she can file rape case if I won't give h thth money. I m lower middle class family and not earning so much. Plz tell me what I can do...???

I got married in may 2013, after having issues I filed my divorce in April 2014 and saperated, I was being alone so one of my friend suggest me to register on matrimonial site and find people like me that there r more sad people then me. I met a girl who was nice at first we met and got intimate too, after 20 days she strart to force to meet and go to her home but it was not possible cuz of job, she start threatening me all the time that she will file a rape case against me if I won't marry her. One day I got a call from polcr station that I have to marry her or police will send me to jail forever. I told them I can marry once I done my divorce and I can't marriage cuz my divorce is not done. Then forcefully she married to me in arya samaj (only her friends were there even vitness from my side were her friends) , but after that she threatening me again and again that I have to stay with her and she can still fil rape case. I was in depression and left home for 3 months, one day I got a call from my ex-wife parents (during divorce) that my ex's brother is sending her sister to orphanage and her beat her daily. My parents made pressure on me to accept my first legal wife. And I took my case back from court. Now my wife is pregnant and the second girl is asking for maintains and keep saying she can file rape case if I won't give h thth money. I m lower middle class family and not earning so much. Plz tell me what I can do...???

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register