LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandip (NA)     19 January 2011

written Permission for Second Marriage

If Spouse gives written Permission along with witness for Second marriage then is it legal to marry second time in india.

whats the best way to marry second time without Divorce when first Spouse is alive.


 11 Replies

Anjali (IT)     19 January 2011

No....it is illegal...you require a divorce decree from court of law....if u r a muslim then you got options...

1 Like

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     19 January 2011

You are not satisfied with first so you want second and if not satisfied with second than what.......

1 Like

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     19 January 2011

also invite her to ur second marriage and sit wid u

Mallik Karra (Done with AIBE)     19 January 2011

no option... but to get divorce from 1st wife.......

1 Like

second marriage can never be a legal marriage according to hindu marriage act but yeah you are safe untill your first wife will not go against your second marriage and knock the door of law......
1 Like

Kirti Kar Tripathi (lawyer)     20 January 2011


it is well settled position of law,  consent  can not be given to defeat the provisions of law. Under the law, second marriage is void during the subsistence of first marriage, thus written permission by any of spouse to other spouse to get secant marriage would be void . 


1 Like

neel (self)     20 January 2011

marrying again if spouse (legally wedded) being alive, is punishable offense of bigamy. Consent can't be given to something prohibited by law!!


Adv Tripathi Sir has very nicely explained it.

1 Like

Ajay Bansal (Advocate)     20 January 2011

No.You will have to take divorce with your first  wife for doing  second marriage.

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     20 January 2011

right mr tripathy.

two judgments are there, one from himachal pradesh and another from sc that written concent of wife in this regard is valueless.


you may go for live in.

1 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     20 January 2011

Consent does not make illegal acts legal. Let them divorce first.The best way is to have a willing live in relationship with those damsels who does not care for their future.

1 Like

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     20 January 2011


2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register