LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashlesha   10 November 2016

Workplace mental harrasment


Im Ashlesha, I work for a company in Pune as an executiv assistant to the Director.My Director was very happy with me when recruited as he felt im a sincere and hard working girl. He kept on mentioning all the time that im smart at my work and intelligent and always liked the work i did.He finally one day expressed his feelings for me and expected physical relationship with him.He gave m hints all the time but i neglected and just orked.But onc I finally denied to accept this as he said that if i accept this he will help me settle financially.

Since the day i said no to him.He bahves completly opposite to how he use to before and has problem with every work I do.He does not talk at all and treats as ifIm no one.Also because h was god to me he was bad to others and complained, shouted at the other employees always.He made me do few things against the other employees in office as they didnt work and used facebook etc in office all the time.Hence as Im technically sound i stopped and banned all that on each Computer because of which every one turned back to me and does not talk to me at all.

They also misunderstood that I tell Sir everything which was not true as sir had speakers in his cabin which people were not aware of and hence he knew everythng what happened here.Now Sir does not talk to me and is very rude and the colleagues dont talk to me and leave me all alone in the office.They have to eat anything or talk anything thy go to the othr cabin and sit and talk.I was never ever treated like this that too because I said no to physical relationship.I feel vry felt out in office and also when office boy he is not there im made to do all the office boy work.


I want to leave this job but not unless I get a new one as im financially tied up.Im just not able to bear this.


 5 Replies

Famous case Vishaka vs State of Rajasthan. See when actual complaint was filed and judgement date. I closed down my company few years back. Or else would have offered you job in my company based on ur edu qly.

Jai Karan Nagwan (consultant)     10 November 2016

Try to make repo with all office colleagues and sit with them, chat with them. dont be alien in office due one person. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 November 2016

Office staff may not give vidence in your favor.

You seem to have not recorded any irrefutable evidence.

Thus how would you prove?

Generate some evidence.

Manage till you find another job.

Find another jon ASAP.


Please note I'm not discouraging u to fight. I have utmost respect for law of land. But there are ppl who misuse loophole in law. That drag matter very long. To the point that one will tell to f UK with all this n keep quiet. If u have patience n money. Give complaint to women cell.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 November 2016

Add skills, qualification to resume and be with a good employer with good HR practices.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query