Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VICTIM (A)     19 June 2015

Working on deputation abroad facing 498a fir -police

Hello All,

My wife has filed 498a (dowry) against me and FIR is already registered. .

Police is asking me to come for FIR investigation. But at that moment I am onsite (out of India) as I have an assignment with Client deputed from Indian compnay. I have still 5 more months left and I can't come back now. I already talked with my Indian HR and they say that I have to resign if I return now. So in case I come for FIR investigation than I will be jobless and no money.

Already I have spent so much money till now on so many cases. Also if I come for 1 week I am not sure that whether I can return back to complete my 5 more months of assignment abroad or not..

1. Please guide as to how to deal with this situation.

2. If I come than is there any chance I can go back in 1 week?

3. If I don't come than what all problems I can face when I return after 5 months.

Thanks to all.

PLEASE HELP I AM REALLY IN BIG PROBLEM

Learning

15 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     19 June 2015

No need to worry.  Section 498 A cases start with mediation.  So engage an advocate or one of your family member.  Get her complaint and give the reply parawise and submit it before the "crime against women' cell and also explain your inability to come right now.  In the meantime, try your elders talk to her elders and solve the problem amicably.  What I want to say is for this notice, do not put your job and future in geopardize.

venkata Peddi (It consultant)     19 June 2015

Dear Friend,

It is not mandatory for you attend FIR investigation, take this to court and fight there. More over if the police is asking to come means they will plan and arrest you to deman money.

I suggest you don't come to india, ask a lawyer to file a petition and get a bail. Never trust Indian Police.

Vidya (ss)     20 June 2015

My friend I am not much aware of law, but based on experience of my friend case I can advice that,

1.sure it is a trap that police asking you to come for investigation.( they asked my friend to come and meet CI they release his sisters, who got arrested on early morning of the day case filed).

2. She came into your life as half .. Sure you shared your good and bad, wealth and secrets. If you come 1st thing she block mail you, through police and court to surrender your passport ( she know very well that you must need it to go back and finish your project ).

3. As now a days 498a is more legal prostitution then a law where involved few corrupted police and lawyers ... And she is well aware of your wealth ... Moreover corrected police and lawyers when they hear word "abroad " they search more legal ways to torcher you then a reality and justice... It all for money ... If you ok to loose it through it from there itself and get rid of the sh*t.

4. If you can't spend money don't worry about any thing... Just arrange anticipatory for whom you think she can cause troble. And finish your project peacefully .

5. If you failed to attend police investigation they can simply make it as absconding and if she wish she can request for lookout notice to CBI ( to go this stage as corrupted people in departments she need to spend a lot) . To reach it takes time...by this time you can ask your lawer to apply for anticipatory for you. It will get reject don't worry much. 

6. Happily finish your project and by the time you come here be prepare to go jail( if failed to get anticipatory) you stay in jail for 1-40 days depends on luck ...it doesn't mean you are criminal.. As part of worst indian law. 

Then start fight for truth.

as long as you are innocent and victim of fals 498a victim .. Victory is yours ... But engage loyal and inutiligent lawer ( still they are exist to protect law). 

Good luck.

VICTIM (A)     20 June 2015

@ Adv Chandrasekhar >> Thank you for your advise........Mediation already over which failed due to very high demand from 498A gang. Now its FIR investigation process.......Will there be any problem if I dont attend police investigation and directly attend trail in court?

@ venkata>> Thank you for your advise........Are you sure that its not mandatory to attend dowry FIR investigation?

@ Vidya>> Thank you for your advise........

Can anybody guide on Streedhan articles??? Are these items returned to girl when police investigation is going on? Or at which stage of the case does the husband need to return all items back to girl?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 June 2015

how/why streedhan is with husband when he is abroad.

VICTIM (A)     22 June 2015

@ Sudhir Kumar >> Streedhan is at husband's house where the girl left it while leaving ......all articles are in India only......I want to know at what stage are these items returned??

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 June 2015

Originally posted by : VICTIM
@ Sudhir Kumar >> Streedhan is at husband's house where the girl left it while leaving ......all articles are in India only......I want to know at what stage are these items returned??

as soon as possible you have to return streedhan.

"Already I have spent so much money till now on so many cases"

what are these cases and how related to this one.  Half information is not going to fetch a sound advise.

" If I come than is there any chance I can go back in 1 week?"

It will be a miracle to return within a week if at all you are able to return.

VICTIM (A)     22 June 2015

@ Sudhir Kumar >> The cases are same like every other husband............Maintenance case, Doemstic Violence and now dowry case

Originally posted by : VICTIM
@ Sudhir Kumar >> The cases are same like every other husband............Maintenance case, Doemstic Violence and now dowry case

this does not indicates facts of your case.

1 Like

Arnab Banerji (Mob:- 92-3001-3001 CIVIL & CRIMINAL ADVOCATE civilandcriminaladvocate@gmail.com)     16 July 2015

498A is just like cancer, if you preserve it, it will create a huge danger for you in the near future. It is not necessary that police always arrests on this basis. There is no compulsory provision like this. Police have been empowered to arrest if they feel so, on the basis of investigation. Police is calling you for interrogation as this is the duty for the police to do so. You, if want to apprehend arrest may file anticipatory bail else may surrender in front of the Ld. Court. I feel once you have to come to the country to do the necessary. Else the law will take its own course to call you. Consult a veteran criminal advocate who will help you to do so. 

Anand   16 July 2015

I am reading from interest and must comment on how disgusting this law is. How can such a law exist? Seriously. It can only be used by women? What if girl & girl's family asks for dowry from boy's? No proof required, and it ruins mostly innocent men's careers, livelihoods and inflicts collateral damage to the family. On top corrupt police make a game out of it. How sad. Is there any legislation being considered to change 498A?

Vidya (ss)     16 July 2015

dear anand... It's not just gender favored law...even it proves law is blind...

100% of 498a cases filed as dowry harassment ...once case registered they write laks of money kilos of gold we gave as dowry at the time of marriage..

but our blind law never arrest any girl or girls family for encaraging dowry system.. 

Girls party, police, lawyers, judges, women protection and human rights...ever punished ...any women family for giving dowry...they all know well.. Only a man who is getting ready for marriage is same like "BAKARA" 

1.girls party immediately can refuse for giving dowry, and don't go for marriage ...but not.

2. police can file case for encaraging such nasty tradition and make publicity to suppress it...but not.

3. lawyers can stop taking cases..as they encaraged unacaptble tradition ..when they are in need ..but .now blaming male part....but not.

4.judges can give punishment and give message to society ....even if you give dowry, you Will punish go under punishment might happen rare..may be not happen.

they all love to suck common men blood and kill his carrier..and torch mentally physically .

its our beautiful india...and women welfare lady was giving statement..if men doesn't commit...let him prove in court..." That lady don't know the value of carrier" by the time he prove he lost all.

best example my friend and save indian family members... Many people while going through cases lost many carrier opportunities..

finally all all these people interest is " you did or not doesn't matter" loose carrier and life or " pay money and become yourself criminal.

may be my this message hurts many.. But truth knows you hearts ask it...

may a man taken dowry ... Without giving how he can take?

at the time of giving girls family not consulted any of the above I mentioned... But they are always there to support her... 

Feel same on such injustices...

finally I am girl.. And if any ask dowry I won't give ..I am happy even I didn't get a husband .

atleast I feel happy to being away from injustice world

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register