Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RITESH (MANAGER)     17 June 2011

Working hours

Hi,

I wish to know what is max working hrs as per indian laws.if working extra are we eligible for overtime payment,.

Also,If my appoinment letter says i have been hired for Credit can my boss ask me to do sales

Learning

5 Replies

Advocate Rajkumarlaxman (Advocacy)     17 June 2011

no

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     19 June 2011

standard working hours per day cannot exceed 8 hours (9 hours with a break of one hour or so) and 48 hours in a week. 

V.Harikrishnan (Labour Law Consultant)     23 June 2011

Dear Mr.Ritesh

You have not stated the type of establishment in which you are working and the nature of activity cariied on there. Without this information it is not possible to give any specific answers

With regards

V.HARIKRISHNAN

Mohd Ilyas Akhter (Officer)     06 August 2011

Under what law/Act/Rule can a manufacturing compnay make it's Executives (Engineers) to work in the plant for 12 hours on regular basis without paying any overtime and has officially declare that their shall be Day and Night shifts only from 7AM to 7 PM and vise Versa????? If my company is doing this then under what rule they are taking shelter????

This establishment is covered under factories act and I am well aware of maximum working hours under factories act.

Kothan (Office Secretary)     08 March 2012

Sir, i am working in a union office as a office secretary for more than 10 years, there is no PF, Medical and other allowances, only i am receiving a salary.  If any law covers me ??? please throw some light.  Thanks in advance.

KK

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register