Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Padma (not working)     07 July 2012

Women rights on mother property

Respected Sir,

I would like to know the daughter's right on mother's property, I bron in Andhra Pradesh 1956 and married in 1974.my mother own total three propeties and she died 16 years back, Below are the properties details.

1) Properties on my mother name, one house(my two brothers are staying at present) and one plot.
on her name.
2)my mother purchased third property on my brother's wife name.

We are two borthers and two sisters.we two sisters keep on asking for share on property from
last 4 years.My borthers are not willing to share the property.Instead My brother's consulted some adovate and partitioned the property on their name in 2010 .As per my brother's Adovate we both(sister's) are not eligilbe for property share and my brothers are not willing to share the propety.

I belong to Hindu family,after partition my brothers demolished the old house(where at present staying) and started construction by taking permession and loan on their own names based on partition documents.
?

Can you please help me what are the women rights on mother property,are women really not eligilble for property share? total property worth is 3 crores.

What will be the cost of legal charges involve.If I want to take the case to court.

What are the chances of my wining the case.At present I am staying
in rented home and I am eagrly looking for some money to purchase my own house, if I get some money from my brothers.

I even spoke to my soceity elder's and not helpful, my brother's and society elders are not coperative from last 4 years .my society elder's don't want me to take the matter to court.

Looking forward quick resonse and  your valuable advises , Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards
Padma

Learning

1 Replies

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     08 July 2012

Dear Padma,

As per Hindu Succession Act Son and Daughter has equal share in the property of the parents.

Therefore the share of your 2 brothers and 2 sisters shall be equal in the property which are owned by your parents.

As far as one property purchased in your brothers wife name. no other brother and sisters can claim upon it as it is not in the name of your parents.

Incase you need any further clarrification. kindly call on 9324538481.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register