LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akhil (ABC)     09 June 2010

Women needing Help

This I'm writing this on behalf of my sister. She is a housewife and her husband is a buisnessman.

My sister got married 15 year back and currently she is having two daugther one 12 years and other one 1.5 years. Her husband is very influencial person in the city which my sister lives.

Last month he started giving advertisement for re-marriage in one of our cast magazine and got in contact with a lady who was ready to marry him inspite of knowing that he is already married and had two daughters. The lady who is trying to enter in their lives is also an adovocate. My sister is constantly put under pressure by him and his relatives for not getting any legal step. They are forcing her to stay with the second wife. His major objective for the second wife is to have a male child.

What are the preventive mesure that can be taken to avoid this situation Is it possible for us to take any legal action against the lady and the relatives involved.

Any suggestions and advice would be highly appreciated.

Learning

7 Replies

Kuljit Pal Singh (Legal Professional)     09 June 2010

Dear Friend,

There are many remedies of under Law u can avail:

U can file complain of Adultery, Bigamy etc. U can file complain und Prevention of Domestic Violence Act etc for detail u should consult a good Criminal Lawyer.

Above all the Second Marriage is absolutely illegal and void in case u fall under the definition of Hindu.

Regards

Waseem (Junior advocate)     09 June 2010

i agree with mr. prabhakar absolutely rights. prevention is alwaz better than cure . so pls go ahead and so as prabhakar sir ha told.

Akhil (ABC)     09 June 2010

Thanks for your replies. Really appreciate your advice.

But I couldn't understand what is meant by permanent injuction and temporary injuction ?  How does these help ?

shuaib (indian polce service)     10 June 2010

i am divorcee for last 4years.my earstwhile husband has married have children and settled abread. i am living aloe for my 7years child an working woman to support my child in best possible way.for this reason not married again.now my earstwhile husband wants custody of my child. what is legal position under high court and  supreme court rulings.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register