Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

charu (engineer)     18 August 2012

Without having dos can we purchase land

Hi,

one of my friend is residing in his house last 35 years (in this land his father worked as watchman in that owner as given as free to stay but no douments 10 years back owner was expired also  )they are living place they have only current bills my friend father name .

now my friend want to sell this land if I purchased is it safe becuase they dont have original documents only 35 years living and current bills on his name uninterruptedly they are living .

Thanks

charu

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     18 August 2012

Dear Charu,

Your friend has got the adverse possession in the property as he is residing for over 20 years.

Does the actual owner of the property has any son, daughter or wife as a legal heir who can claim rights in the property???? please confirm.

if not, then he needs to insert his name in the 7/12 extract so that he could sell the land to you / Further you need to give notice in the local newspaper about purchasing the said land. incase anybody has any objection then the same could be filed else you could execute the transaction.

you need to be cautious and do the title search of the property through a lawyer.

Incase of any query you may call on 09324538481.

Regards 

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

charu (engineer)     18 August 2012

Thanks for your reply Rohit,

in 1975 one person made some lpanchyati layout plots in that one plot he was given to watchman ,till now watchman is enjoying that land ,no one has till now came from actual owner.This is 500 sqyards lands so how could we insert his name 7/12 do you what is that in Tamilnadu state . 

Thanks

charu

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register