LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nikil Balagavi   02 February 2023

withholding 5 annual increment with cumulative effect but service left only 2 years

In lokayukta case, district and high court judgement was my favor but in departmental enquiry they made me complsary retirement then I appealed to KAT but KAT also upheld the copulsary retirement then I moved to HIGH court. It reduced punishment to withholding 5 annual increment with cumulative effect but service left only 2 years, what they do either withhold or leave 2 increment.then what can I do.
Pls suggest me sir


 5 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     02 February 2023

Money equivalent for three increments will have to be remitted in cash at the time of retirements.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     02 February 2023

Either the other increments will be deducted from your retirement benefits or other equivalent punishment under the same rule may be ordered after taking the opinion of the Government Pleader concerned.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     17 February 2023

The cash equivalent for the remaining period will have to be remitted to get retirement.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 February 2023

If one is awarded penalty of five increments then the increments for next five years will not be granted. 


It is a different matter the the employee will not be serving for five years.  There is no provision for cash depopsit of cash equivalent of remaining increments.


I shall be greateful if Mr Gabriel could enligten the forum with the rule position so that I can feel happy to be proved wrong.

1 Like

Nikil Balagavi   22 February 2023

sir what can i do to get remaining 2 increments

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query