LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M.N. Gopinath (Asst Manager)     12 January 2010

Withhe

I was working with a MNC Automotive Company in chennai for the past 2.6 years as Asst Manager.

I have resigned from duty on 28th dec 2009 and was relieved from service by 31st dec 2009.  I have obtained no due certificate, proper relieving letter & service certificate from the company.  I was told that my terminal benefits would reach me in a week's time

I waited patiently for 12 days and one of colleagues had called me up today and informed about my ex-boss's decision of not dispatching my December Pay cheque for not leaving any data in my computers. 

But I've obtained a clearance certificate from this company's Information tech dept and they recommended me for relieving after checking my PC for any unauthorized data copying/ deletion etc which is a standard procedure for employees before relieving.

Since my computer was handled my many people using the admin password after resigning, they could have possibly deleted some sensitive data / copied it through LAN/ locked it.

I also suspect that immediate successor to my position, to avoid a demanding responsibility and to buy some time would commit such an act.

Till date I always maintained good relationship with my ex-boss and colleagues and had suggested him to use data recovery software/ inform experts from IT Dept. But he started to yell at me and didn't believe my explanation over phone.

Since this company has great influence over the current political regime & top bureaucrats.

How Should I approach this issue for getting by terminal benefits? 

What are the legal ways??

Learning

1 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     12 January 2010

Politely address a letter to your ex-boss, (let the conversation that you had with your colleague off the record), that your settlement is pending despite completion of the entire process and mark a cc to the senior manager or head of the department or CEO preferably by e-mail with acknowledgement and send confirmatory copies by a reliable courier. If no response, for 15 days, check for next step. considering the company is an MNC this should work positive.

vasudevan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More