Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sujoy   12 September 2017

Withdrawn of fir

Sir - An FIR has been lodged against my relative under 428, 429, 504 & 506 due to death of a dog in accident case in Uttar Pradesh. No chragesheet till date and person who complained; now withdrawn his FIR and given affidavit for that which is notarised. What is the next step to withdraw FIR officially. Thanks


 1 Replies

Moxit Shah   12 September 2017

you can request concerned Investigating officer to file C summary chargesheet. such chargesheet are filed by Investigating officer, when it is revealed in their investigation that no offence is made out. 

otherwise you can file Application under section 482 of CRPC in HIgh Court to quash the FIR. 

otherwise, you can request Investigating officer to file chargesheet stating that offence is made out. thereafter, you can file application under section 320 of CRPC. said application can be filed in matters where complainant and accused have settled/compromised their matter. 

Moxit Shah


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register