LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Moirangthem Angelina Devi   03 September 2022

Withdrawal of writ petition in high court

I have a writ petition which was filed by me in Jan 2020 to challenge the recruitment Rules. It's been pending for long and my promotion is held up because of the case. Now, i want to withdraw the case because a new Amended recruitment Rule has come into effect.

But my advocate is not cooperating to withdraw the case and has treathened us that court will levy fine for wasting courts time and all. I want to know how far its true.

Also, he has told us to address the letter to registrar general to withdraw the case . What can i do to withdraw the case at the earliest even if the lawyer objects?

Please solve my query. 



 1 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 September 2022

You should move an application and submit to the Court regarding amended / changed Rules (with copy) and your intention to withdraw the writ petition as it has become infructutous and invalid.

The Court will allow you to withdraw the petition without imposing any cost.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query