Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ilayaraja KT (Sr Officer Finance)     22 August 2011

Willing to do llb

Hi all,

My friend wants do LLB. He did not study HSC/12th standars/+2. rather he completed BBA throuth Open University Scheme. Is he eligible to to a Law Degree. Please reply....

my mail id is tilayaraj@gmail.com

Learning

5 Replies

akash kapoor (*************)     22 August 2011

DEAR FREIND,

I THINK HE IS ELIGIBLE . BUT I DONT KNOW WHETHER THE DEGREE WILL BE RECOGNISED BY BAR CONCIL OR NOT.

REGARDS.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     22 August 2011

Whether the University he underwent the Bachelor dedree is eligible or not is to be decided by the Law university

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     22 August 2011

Some universities issue eleigibilty certificate is candidate is having eligibility

rahul.p.bha (service)     02 September 2011

i think there is some dispute regarding the degrees eligible for the LLB and also the degree of open university is slso under dispute for eligibility

Democratic Indian (n/a)     04 September 2011

I am not sure if there is any legal dispute going on in courts regarding this matter. The Rules of Legal Education 2008 at BCI website can be accessed at https://www.barcouncilofindia.org/about/legal-education/education-rules-2008/

If we refer Part IV of the Rules of Legal Education which can be accessed at https://www.barcouncilofindia.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/BCIRulesPartIV.pdf

On page 5 it says the following:

"5. Eligibility for admission:
(a) Three Year Law Degree Course: An applicant who has graduated in any discipline of knowledge from a University established by an Act of Parliament or by a State legislature or an equivalent national institution recognized as a Deemed to be University or foreign University recognized as equivalent to the status of an Indian University by an authority competent to declare equivalence, may apply for a three years’ degree program in law leading to conferment of LL.B. degree on successful completion of the regular program conducted by a University whose degree in law is recognized by the Bar Council of India for the
purpose of enrolment."

And on page 6 it says the following:

"Explanation: The applicants who have obtained 10 + 2 or graduation / post graduation through open Universities system directly without having any basic qualification for prosecuting such studies are not eligible for admission in the law courses."

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register