LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Negi   19 January 2022

Will lost which is not registered but copy is available

My Grand father were 5 brother one of his brother had no son so my father take care of them and my that grand father made his will for my father, after 3 years my father gave that to one advocate who lost that will but we have one copy of that will , so what can we do now. kindly suggest.

Learning

5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 January 2022

Although some people choose a third-party, like an attorney or banker, to be the executor of their Last Will, many others name close relatives, siblings, or friends as their executors. If this is the case for you, when the testator passes away, you’ll have to start the process of grieving as well as executing their last wishes all at once. 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     20 January 2022

Copy of will shall not be considered qua bequeathing property of your grandfather in favour of one of five sons i.e., your father.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 January 2022

Let your advocate in whose custody was lost make a police complaint and he may be in a position to help further as this will was lost when in his possession due to negligence.

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 January 2022

The query is silent on key facts. Is the testator still alive? If not, who is in possession/occupation of the properties? Also, what is the stand of the legal heirs to the testator?

Anaita Vas   20 January 2022

You have to lodge a complaint regarding the loss of documents with the jurisdictional police station, where you have lost the document's will deed. You have to obtain certified copies of the same documents. If you have the document number, you can get a certified copy from the concerned sub-registrar and you can produce the same before the concerned police.

Regards,

Anaita Vas

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register